Maximum temperature for wristband

71jason

Original Poster
Title says it all, has anyone seen any specs on the maximum recommended temp for a wristband? Debating if it's safe to keep in my car as Summer creeps up on Orlando.

tahqa

Temps within 'normal' ranges shouldn't affect the magicbands. It's pretty much the same technology as the EPass transponders and I've left those in my cars for years with no issues. I've been keeping my magicbands in my car since December with no problems. Granted, we haven't had 100+ degree days yet...

Rob562

About the only problem that I can forsee with extended higher temps is that the battery in the Band might drain a little faster. But that only powers the long-range system in the Band. All tap-to-use functions shouldn't be affected. RFID is a very robust technology.

-Rob

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I have to think that they built these to survive being left in cars in Florida. I guess we will find out as the summer approaches and there are now a couple million of them out there win service.

RAXIP

I have to think that they built these to survive being left in cars in Florida. I guess we will find out as the summer approaches and there are now a couple million of them out there win service.
From the Cast "Eyes & Ears" last March:
“Not only can MagicBands be worn in a pool or the ocean, they can withstand extremes in temperature, like being left on the dashboard of a car on a hot, sunny day. We’ve also put the bands through rigorous tests to ensure their durability.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom