Who will win?

• jdmdisney's Disney's Adventure Empire

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • ctxak98's Disney's Lost Wonders Adventure Park

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters

BryceM

Original Poster
Alright, this vote right here determines that champion of the Master of the Parks competition that has been taking place for the past couple months. The two contestants were asked to create a 5th gate for Walt Disney World, and they both accomplished this well.

One of our contestants, @jdmdisney99, created the wonderful Disney's Adventure Empire where guests explore different themed lands that relate to all different civilizations throughout time.

However, @ctxak98 unleashed Disney's Lost Wonders Adventure Park where you will find homages to classic Disney films that characterize each land.

So, who will you vote? Make sure to read the contestant's parks before voting, found here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...e-5-walt-disney-worlds-5th-park.857048/page-2

Voting ends in 24 hours!

WED99

You both did well, but I still have some problems. Firstly, @jdmdisney99 your park was way too big. It was unrealistic and I feel like you got worried you didn't submit enough so you kept adding things on at the end. @ctxak98 I feel like you really made bold leap with this concept. About 6 out of 7 of your lands were based on movies that did not deserve an entire land, and I have a feeling you did this to stand out. I appreciate what you attempted, I do it sometimes too, but this time it just didn't work out.

@jdmdisney99 I liked your park layout, it really gave that sense of adventure to your park. However, I would make the island in the middle accessible from more points to allow spoke and hub.

Both parks were worthy submissions, but only one of them I would expect to see in a Disney resort. I have to admit, Big Rock Candy Mountain really was the decider for me.

My vote goes to @jdmdisney99

ctxak98

You both did well, but I still have some problems. Firstly, @jdmdisney99 your park was way too big. It was unrealistic and I feel like you got worried you didn't submit enough so you kept adding things on at the end. @ctxak98 I feel like you really made bold leap with this concept. About 6 out of 7 of your lands were based on movies that did not deserve an entire land, and I have a feeling you did this to stand out. I appreciate what you attempted, I do it sometimes too, but this time it just didn't work out.

@jdmdisney99 I liked your park layout, it really gave that sense of adventure to your park. However, I would make the island in the middle accessible from more points to allow spoke and hub.

Both parks were worthy submissions, but only one of them I would expect to see in a Disney resort. I have to admit, Big Rock Candy Mountain really was the decider for me.

Thanks for the critique I guess we can agree to disagree ! I love the lands and didn't have enough time to really show them off due to technical issues. But I took a risk and it was fun! Definitely will be back next round

jdmdisney99

My park did really get excessive. I think it's just because Athens, Rome, The Queen's Kingdom, Egypt, The City-State, and Conqueror's Island were existent before the challenge began and I guess I just got bored. :p Originally, I was only going to add Barbaria and Jerusalem. It then sort of exploded. The Big Rock Candy Mountains was one of my favorites, as I watched the WeeSing movie a lot when I was young (YouTube it). And yeah, it seems it would be hard to get to the island. Well thanks for the vote! :)

BryceM

Original Poster
@jdmdisney99 is our official, Master of the Parks Season 1 winner! Congratulations to you and @ctxak98 for making it to the final!

A season 2 will exist, but not for a little while. Hopefully more people want to do the competition and actually stick with it, but I think after seeing the first season dominate the Imagineering board, people will sign on for the next season.

ctxak98

I am not going to hold back this season!!! I cannot wait. My best ideas are coming out! How long til the next season do you think?! It was so much fun

Tip Top Club

Thanks everybody so much! And thanks for letting me judge you and not throwing knives at me (I'm pretty sure I was the Simon Cowell of this contest!) So Thanks for letting me be a part of this!

Both of you did a great job, I wish we could have seen your pictures CTX, I feel like your park would have probably gotten a better chance of being built over JDM's MASSIVE project, but alas, it it what it is.

Thanks again to everyone for reading, participating, voting, etc, and I hope to see you all back for Season 2, tell your friends!

WED99

Can the judges next season download Minecraft? It would be much easier for me to share my ideas with a 3D model.

Matt7187

Thanks for the opportunity to be both a contestant and a judge! Next season, don't expect me to lose this quickly, I will be back and hungry for a championship!! :D

WED99

Yeh if I return next season (starting senior at school so will have a lot of work) don't expect me to play nice. My posts will make you re-consider ever wanting to become an Imagineer!

HAHAHAHA ONLY KIDDING! It shall be fun! But seriously, beware!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom