• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Massive Ticket Price Increase at DL - is WDW next?

disneyflush

Advertisement
Should a window be expected of a week or so if they do announce a price hike? A period where one could still get current pricing before a hike?

wdwfan22

Should a window be expected of a week or so if they do announce a price hike? A period where one could still get current pricing before a hike?
There is no window once the new pricing is announced. Disney does tend to alert Travel Professionals of an increase 24 hours before it takes place.

carnini

Hey Carnini
not sure if you purchased your tickets but undercover tourist is offering a buy a 4 day base ticket get 2 extra days free. My dates are in March.
Thanks, I ended up with one of the 4 day, 1 park each day. I figure that saved a tad of money and might as well go to each park one "last" time. I do think a 1 day trip to Epcot or Star Wars will happen in the future

HauntedPirate

Premium Member
At this point, keep your eyes/ears open on Fridays and Saturdays if you have a vested interest in potential ticket price hikes. I would be shocked if there wasn't a price hike this month.

AugieJ

Wasn't there 2 ticket price increases last year?

Last Feb and when they switched to date specific pricing?

Perhaps they will postpone the ticket price increase to a date closer to the opening of SW:GE

Lensman

Premium Member
Didn't someone say that Orlando wanted an increase in APers (unlike Anaheim)? If they want more APers, then hiking prices (again) wouldn't be the way to go.
Do you remember why TDO wanted an increase in APers? Was it that they wanted higher off-season attendance to further de-seasonalize their staffing needs? That would be consistent with their new seasonal multi-day ticket pricing scheme.

That would also point to the potential for prices going up more for passes without blackout dates vs ones with more blackout dates. It might also point to more granular blackout dates, but I'm not sure if that would create too much product confusion.

Top Bottom