• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Massive Ticket Price Increase at DL - is WDW next?

tigerlight

Original Poster
The Premier Passport (both WDW and DL) is up a whopping $370 per year per person to $1949+tax! I bought these for $700 when they came out and thought THAT was a lot then....

The equivalent to WDW Platinum (currently $894 at WDW) is now $1399 at DL, up $250 per year per person.

I know it's only a question of WHEN and not IF, but is a big WDW increase coming soon?

monothingie

Mean Girl Man since 2005
Premium Member
Advertisement
I bet we see substantial price increases by Valentine's Day at the very latest.
It may not be substantial. (Well it could) just remember in 2018 you had two increases for APs, maybe to soften the blow.

tigerlight

Original Poster
What is a bit shocking to me is that DL is now charging 56% more than WDW for the equivalent pass ($894 vs $1399)... AND while the attraction count is similar WDW has twice as many parks! Nutty. Not too long ago WDW passes cost more....

Disone

What is a bit shocking to me is that DL is now charging 56% more than WDW for the equivalent pass ($894 vs $1399)... AND while the attraction count is similar WDW has twice as many parks! Nutty. Not too long ago WDW passes cost more....
Higher ride count, and usually (not always) the better version of the same ride at DLRs 2 parks vs WDWs four.

Combining the average of the two vs the average of the four, does DLR have twice as much to offer per park or are WDW's parks inferior and cheaper? Keep in mind its a business;)

BoarderPhreak

Clearly you just don't work hard enough. :rolleyes:
Apparently...

I remember one deal I got in the mid-90s. For a bit under $4k, we got a town house at the Disney Institute for a week and $500 AmEx credit with tickets and special perks like a five-star meal at GF. I think it was called the AmEx "White Glove Package" or something like that. Now THAT was a deal. Nowadays we get "up to 30% off" already way overpriced rooms. Just sayin'

MuteSuperstar

Apparently...

I remember one deal I got in the mid-90s. For a bit under $4k, we got a town house at the Disney Institute and $500 AmEx credit with tickets and special perks like a five-star meal at GF. I think it was called the AmEx "White Glove Package" or something like that. Now THAT was a deal. Nowadays we get "up to 30% off" already way overpriced rooms. Just sayin'
Come on now, businesses have to run as businesses and that now means contempt for the customer and the customers cheering it on. Just shrug it off and pay whatever they ask. It's the new American way. Have you no aspirational pride in how much of a ripoff your budget can absorb?

Cmdr_Crimson

So it shows that a one day base ticket on busier times is at $129 to enter the WDW parks...I'm going to say it'll go up to $150 for the base on busier times and $125 for the slower seasons..That's my guess...

monothingie

Mean Girl Man since 2005
Premium Member
It's funny how seemingly on hand doesn't know what the other is doing. They're worried about attendance for months 1-10 of the year, but will jack AP rates for the time in which they need it most.

It wouldn't surprise me, if they DID NOT raise prices in the winter as has been the historical trend, but save it for fall 2019. The fall 2018 hikes were quite substantial, I'm not sure if many people can accept two (three) large increases within a years time.

If they were smart about it, they'd offer a 13 for 12 deal at a potential higher price to at least incentivize it a little. (At least to take them through the fall.

BoarderPhreak

I thought about pressing charges when the girl told me the total on our 4 APs back in March. No way in Hades will I fork over that kind of cash. I know that we go enough to make them well worth it but dang, paying enough to buy a good used car every year is crazy.
Amazing how quickly it adds up, huh? And to think, with a car you're left with an asset. At WDW, you still have to pay for drinks. :p

I'm an out-of-stater, so it's a different value proposition for me. There's a finer line when it comes to being worth it or not... And we used to go often enough to justify it.

Top Bottom