Massive Kissimmee hotel fire - smoke very visible from WDW property

lazyboy97o

No...Harbor Blvd. is actually pretty cute if you ask me. Definitely not seedy. Everything appears to be in good condition, nice landscaping, etc.
A lot of that has to do with the creation of the Anaheim Resort District which imposed new, stricter zoning regulations on the area immediately around Disneyland as it expended into the Disneyland Resort during the late-1990s.

blm07

The place sounded like a dump with many code violations, and the news mentioned something about problems with drugs. No surprise the place went up in flames, the owner is gonna have to finally pay for years of disregard to safety.

IMG_20110627_080328.jpg

From Studios parking lot.

Fizzy_Womack

I stayed here back in the early & mid 90's when it was the Hawaiian Maingate, interesting to see reports of how much it had deteriorated over the years.

Hey. Ive been looking online all day trying to track down if this was the place I stayed at in 1993 with my parents. The only info I have is from an old home video and in one of the shots I can see the front entrance has the numbers 7514 on the wall of the building and next to that it said "aloha" in big letters. Now I see you mention it was called Hawaiian Maingate and im just putting 2 and 2 together. Do you remember this?
I also remember a fountain in the main lobby? (I think)
I know this is an old topic but if anyone could clarify I would be real grateful.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Hey. Ive been looking online all day trying to track down if this was the place I stayed at in 1993 with my parents. The only info I have is from an old home video and in one of the shots I can see the front entrance has the numbers 7514 on the wall of the building and next to that it said "aloha" in big letters. Now I see you mention it was called Hawaiian Maingate and im just putting 2 and 2 together. Do you remember this?
I also remember a fountain in the main lobby? (I think)
I know this is an old topic but if anyone could clarify I would be real grateful.
Yes that is the same property. It was torn down after the fire. A Walmart now sits there but it is addressed on the side road. The Black Angus steakhouse now sits next to where the driveway from 192 was. It's address is 7516 Irlo Bronson Hwy.

Fizzy_Womack

Yes that is the same property. It was torn down after the fire. A Walmart now sits there but it is addressed on the side road. The Black Angus steakhouse now sits next to where the driveway from 192 was. It's address is 7516 Irlo Bronson Hwy.
Wow. I’ve been wondering for years if the place was still there or if I’d ever be able to find it. I’m sad to find out it burned down and went to sh*t but it’s awesome to have you clarify it was the same place. I remember my parents taking me to checkers in old town and so I got on google earth and went up and down irlo bronson highway. Without much success I found the old home video and watched it, and luckily I saw 7514 on the wall as my dad was driving toward the building.

Thanks again for the information, you have made my day. When I go back to America I will visit that Walmart : )

RIP to that building and glad no one died!

Fizzy_Womack

Amazing ten years later to have good additions to a thread. Better than the trolls and bots
I’m real happy I found this forum and got the info from you guys. I told my mum today about the hotel and she was amazed I’d tracked it down. We lost my dad in 2000 and this holiday in 1993 is really special to me, so to find out what happened to it means a lot.
Indeed! I opened the thread thinking this happened today and curious as to why I didn’t see or hear anything about this fire, given that I live in Kissimmee!
Haha my bad! Do you remember this hotel in the 90s?! With the “aloha” out the front. Also what is this area like now? Some comments lead me to believe it’s a shady place to be? In 1993 it seemed safe.
Reminds me of the motel in "The Florida Project".
I own this movie and am still yet to watch! I’ll definitely watch soon.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom