Massive King Triton Statue Added-

Prototype82

Original Poster
I discovered that a large King Triton statue was added in front of the DVC kiosk in Prince Eric's village on another Disney news site... Am I permitted to share? In any case, is there a chance the DVC kiosk is temporary? Or is there a chance it could share space for a small shop or cart? Perhaps this is just an addition that was created for the intent of Triton's Treasures before the concept was ditched for DVC. I don't know. But it's a nice addition.

zachrupertdsn

From the photos I have seen, I believe the intention is to simply add theming. The "wooden" King Triton statue is located right beside the wood carvers shop where they recently updated a board of drawings to include this statue.

I could be wrong on this, but it seems like they were just adding a little photo-op and overall theming in that area.

CrescentLake

I think its alright, but I can't help but feel the base its set on is a little cheap/temporary. I dunno, I'm a little nitpicky. I think its a nice addition though.

tl77

I looks great, but I think it's really strange they didn't bother to sculpt his fish tail, it's kind of an important aspect in defining the character as a merman/king of the sea. The way it is, it just looks like this older guy who's really into working out, and for some reason carries a pitch fork

Cmdr_Crimson

Is that thing really carved out of wood? Or is it fiberglass?

I believe it's Fiberglass... I think it's suppose to be a knod to the bronze statue that sat in the 20k lagoon during the former M&G Area for Ariel.
New version..
DSC08054.jpg

Old version
King_Triton_by_AuroraExecutionchan.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

The left arm is different, so I'd say it's not the exact same one.

It looks tacky IMO. Would be better if it were one solid wood or copper colour like the fountain

The original one from MK was reused and sits high atop of the DCA Version of LM.
Tritonguardsride.jpg

The supposed wood carving statue Is suppose to be used for the front nose of a ship. Hence the reason why it looks unfinished.

JordanKing

I don't really like the look of this when comparing it to the rest of new fantasyland. The colors make it look weird. I wish it was one solid color.

sponono88

The original one from MK was reused and sits high atop of the DCA Version of LM.
Tritonguardsride.jpg

The supposed wood carving statue Is suppose to be used for the front nose of a ship. Hence the reason why it looks unfinished.

Disneyland had its very own King Triton statue until it was removed to make way for pixie hollow.. They sure love to reuse this statue in the parks!

2630783311_416c6de957.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom