Massive Jungle Cruise Wait Times

MagicHappens1971

It’s the people using canes, having difficulty entering the boat, old people. It’s fairly obvious (note I never stated those people are abusing it, however due to its queue structure more people qualify for DAS as opposed to MMRR.)
That’s not really how DAS works. You get DAS for general accommodations and can use it anywhere. I don’t have any visible disabilities and use DAS daily on any attraction that’s wait is too long

Phicinfan

Let me also say that if Jungle Cruise's maximum hourly capacity is around 1,000 guests, that it's a tremendous waste of space in Adventureland and should be replaced. (It should remain in Disneyland, obviously, as a classic.)
Sorry but fully disagree on removal from WDW, it is a fun enjoyable ride, and would prefer not to have that much open space not used as they seem to be in close and not replace mode right now. Regardless I love the ride.

matt9112

Jungle Cruise capacity can be far more per hour if staffed properly.

I feel like the loading process sucks…so many guests have a little trouble getting down into boats etc. sadly I don’t think the JC is the right fit for the current MK. It’s far too busy. I too also feel the redundancy due to AK having real animals should be taken into account. But more so it’s just a huge tract of land that as a whole has terrible capacity. In a nutshell we really need to look at attractions through that lens. Is this a good use of space (capacity wise) full stop. The answer to JC would be unequivocaly no. I actually think the tree house should go too. Use all of the space for something that can eat far more people.

bhg469

I feel like the loading process sucks…so many guests have a little trouble getting down into boats etc. sadly I don’t think the JC is the right fit for the current MK. It’s far too busy. I too also feel the redundancy due to AK having real animals should be taken into account. But more so it’s just a huge tract of land that as a whole has terrible capacity. In a nutshell we really need to look at attractions through that lens. Is this a good use of space (capacity wise) full stop. The answer to JC would be unequivocaly no. I actually think the tree house should go too. Use all of the space for something that can eat far more people.
The capacity is still pretty good even with the loading issues. They truly just need to add more capacity to other parks..

bhg469

I don’t disagree with you. They need 3-4 good ride additions at the other 3 parks. Good luck with that cap x request.
And that's exactly why I think once Epic Universe opens, that is going to be the tipping point for Universal vacations taking a majority of people's trips.. I really think that dark days are coming for WDW.

solidyne

The Treehouse actually has pretty good throughput, limited only by the walking speed (and stopping to read/admire) of guests. And its footprint is dwarfed by that of JC.

As @lentesta said, Disneyland does have the classic JC. However, they've also trashed their treehouse and are about to do so again. That means MK has the "classic" treehouse, which in my opinion must be preserved.

(Oh, and its water system must be fixed!)

MickeyLuv'r

But they need more locations! None of this endless walking with tray in hand, looking for an empty table, walking by individuals slumped alone at four-toppers staring into their phones...
Yes, but WDW removed all the park benches. One thing that I noticed on my most recent visit was people trying to sit like everywhere that at all looked like a flat surface. I think WDW designed some garden walls to be both garden walls and places people could sit, but that invites people to sit on every surface- esp when there are not real seats. Uneven surfaces are not comfortable. It makes the place look ugly, because people sitting on park benches look happier.

WDW would do well to add nice places to sit and relax in the parks, esp Hollywood studios. If the attractions/dining are the only seats, that is driving up wait times. Previously, people were happy to just be in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom