Massive DVC availability morning of 8/9/2021

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
If anyone has been looking for an opening, *something* is going on this morning on the DVC site. Huge availability across all resorts and room types everywhere for the winter and Spring. Not sure if it's a glitch or if they've been holding inventory for some reason, but it's worth a shot.

One interesting note is that someone pointed out that the Aulani points chart in the tool doesn't match the published chart.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
It looks like the booking tool is now down for maintenance. Must have been a bug.
It's been up and down all morning. Last I saw, they corrected the points chart issue at Aulani (and the Poly, I think), but everyone who made reservations based on this morning's availability has been able to keep them so far.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's been up and down all morning. Last I saw, they corrected the points chart issue at Aulani (and the Poly, I think), but everyone who made reservations based on this morning's availability has been able to keep them so far.
So you’ve worked up some kind of DVC Dump that day?

…maybe the 12 years of tepid response to Aulani has finally broke? Word got around? 🤪

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Didn’t they randomly cancel your reservation like they used to on explorer?
No, I'm good in that respect. But I'm growing very impatient with their pace of reopening. STILL not offering daily housekeeping or a kids' club in a resort of that caliber is, dare I say, WDW-esque.

nickys

Premium Member
Any word on when Grand California will open to full capacity?
What makes you think it isn’t? I’m not aware that any open Disney resort in either Orlando or Anaheim is running at a reduced capacity.

And just to clarify, since you’ve asked in the DVC sub-forum, the DVC resorts have never been operating at a reduced capacity. Once they were open they legally must be fully bookable.

DisDadWoz

Maybe it's me but for giggles I took a look to see if there was any availability around Christmas and there is not a room to be found at any resort. Usually OKW and/or Saratoga have something, but not at the moment. I'm glad things are filling up, but did find that odd.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe it's me but for giggles I took a look to see if there was any availability around Christmas and there is not a room to be found at any resort. Usually OKW and/or Saratoga have something, but not at the moment. I'm glad things are filling up, but did find that odd.
The rack hotels still may not be at max occupancy at that point…they aren’t close now. That could be driving DVC rentals at an abnormal rate

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom