Masks and Social Distancing Go Away in WDW

When Masks and Social Distancing will go away in USA?

• Summer 2021

Votes: 45 10.5%
  • Fall/Winter 2021

Votes: 123 28.7%

Votes: 228 53.1%

Votes: 20 4.7%

Votes: 6 1.4%

Votes: 7 1.6%

• Total voters

Chi84

Premium Member
Common sense isn't too common right now. Panic has been the name of the game since March of 2020. There are those of us who would have been happy a year ago to have things open up and go at our own risk. I've been doing it for a year, but there have been many things closed. But I haven't batted an eyelash about being scared of the virus. I risk getting into my car everyday and 1.5 million people die in car accidents every year. I choose to take that risk despite the fact that even an error in judgement can cause an accident and kill someone if I swerve in my lane. Yet no one bans cars.
Cars good; COVID bad.

Walt Disney1955

I don't share your viewpoint but if you and your family decide enjoy time at WDW at the current time mask up or risk getting asked to leave the park. I don't expect the WDW mask policy to be dropped until 2022.
We'll wait. Disney is not Disney like that. How many times have we all pretty much in agreement on here said that the best part about Disney is that it is an ESCAPE from the real world? We all agree to this. But it looks like everywhere else now. Disney isn't the same without fireworks, parades or smiling staff. It just isn't. We all agreed to this a year ago, this is one of those unanimous things on these boards that we could count on. Customer service was always exceptional at Disney, the personable feeling, the atmosphere, etc.

Walt Disney1955

Cars good; COVID bad.

haha, yeah I guess so. The thing with a car accident is that you can die regardless of how many sit ups you did in the morning. Heck, you can be driving home from getting this supposed infallible and impenetrable vaccine and get hit by a truck. Car accidents kill you directly. They don't have to say, "Well, he died of pneumonia but there was that fender-bender he got in last week so we'll classify it as a car accident death." Not to mention the thousands of people every single year who DON'T die in a car accident but are disabled, or even just break an arm or something. Those don't count as deaths of course. Which is the point, cars can be very, very dangerous and we knowingly take the risk like adults should be allowed to.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Common sense isn't too common right now. Panic has been the name of the game since March of 2020. There are those of us who would have been happy a year ago to have things open up and go at our own risk. I've been doing it for a year, but there have been many things closed. But I haven't batted an eyelash about being scared of the virus. I risk getting into my car everyday and 1.5 million people die in car accidents every year. I choose to take that risk despite the fact that even an error in judgement can cause an accident and kill someone if I swerve in my lane. Yet no one bans cars.

But for those of us the believe the COVID numbers, it is far more dangerous the car accidents. There were 36,000 auto deaths in the US in 2019, 378,000 COVID deaths in 2020.

Walt Disney1955

But for those of us the believe the COVID numbers, it is far more dangerous the car accidents. There were 36,000 auto deaths in the US in 2019, 378,000 COVID deaths in 2020.

I'll say this, even if you do take those Covid numbers in the US at face value - and you shouldn't - remember that car accidents are actually directly responsible for a death. You don't need at least three underlining conditions in order to die from a car accident.

Also keep in mind 55 million people have died more or less in the last year. 2.6 from Covid, about 4%.

2.7 million Americans have died in the last year. 560,000 from Covid. That's 20%. In your wildest imaginations can you believe that with the cancer, obesity, diabetes, heart attacks, car accidents, Dementia, Alzheimer's, flu, cold, pneumonia, drug overdoses, suicides, murders, medical mistakes and so on that one out of every 5 of them died because of a disease that you basically need a test to see that you have?

Think about that one, because even if we disagree, I am sure we can both agree that we'd love to visit our favorite place in the world very soon, and the sooner people wake up to things the better.

MaryJaneP

Are you saying more than 10X as many people died in the US from Covid in 2020 as people died in the US from car crashes in 2019? You know, not everyone believes these numbers. They think these are made up facts, maybe they make-up counter-facts.

Giss Neric

I think there is a big big problem with trusting nowadays especially in this country. We all think everything is a lie/fake. We have a problem with conspiracy theorists. You can't really reason out with somebody who has made up his/her mind on what he/she wants to believe. I have my own opinions and beliefs but I'm also open to learning why someone thinks that way.

People think Disney is lying about their park capacity, Disney manipulating critics scores for their movies or even Disney lying about Disney+ subscribers. I mean what else is new.

Walt Disney1955

I think there is a big big problem with trusting nowadays especially in this country. We all think everything is a lie/fake. We have a problem with conspiracy theorists. You can't really reason out with somebody who has made up his/her mind on what he/she wants to believe. I have my own opinions and beliefs but I'm also open to learning why someone thinks that way.

People think Disney is lying about their park capacity, Disney manipulating critics scores for their movies or even Disney lying about Disney+ subscribers. I mean what else is new.

I could see why they would fudge the truth about their capacity numbers. I think we all would do that if we were running things.

Nubs70

I don't see WDW dropping mask requirements.

Currently, WDW cannot be held liable for Covid infections, if WDW follows the rules set by the State of FL.

crawale

That’s where I disagree. I got my shots, so Covid is effectively over for me.

I am not my brothers keeper, they can protect themselves.
By the 'must mask' rational we will be wearing masks for ever while there is a single person who is not vaccinated - as is their right. If keeping others 'safe' is what the government is about then why are positive COVID illegals being released all over the country. Both ideas cannot be true.

MaryJaneP

By the 'must mask' rational we will be wearing masks for ever while there is a single person who is not vaccinated - as is their right. If keeping others 'safe' is what the government is about then why are positive COVID illegals being released all over the country. Both ideas cannot be true.
Untrue. The "must mask" rational has only been recent and already is being significantly ignored (i.e. Spring Breakers). The mask requirement is a targeted mitigation measure partially designed to slow the incredibly rapid transmission of a deadly respiratory virus. There are a numbers of reasons to believe that once the conditions radically change, so will the mask "requirement'. As before, many people may still wear masks for this and other reasons after this pandemic is officially ended.

Nubs70

Florida has no mask mandate. Disney appears to be following CDC guidelines.
True the CDC has a mask mandate. However, Florida has instituted a law that giving immunity to businesses that they cannot be sued for the results of covid contracted at their establishments if they are following covid protection guidelines.

Thus, I see WDW continuing with mask mandate until the "pandemic" is declared over by most likely the CDC.

Therefore, I see it as a very long time before masks will not be mandatory.

Chi84

Premium Member
True the CDC has a mask mandate. However, Florida has instituted a law that giving immunity to businesses that they cannot be sued for the results of covid contracted at their establishments if they are following covid protection guidelines.

Thus, I see WDW continuing with mask mandate until the "pandemic" is declared over by most likely the CDC.

Therefore, I see it as a very long time before masks will not be mandatory.
Who knows? The CDC has been revising its guidelines for vaccinated people and will continue to do so. There may come a point soon where masks are no longer needed outside and will just be required inside.

It may come down to people entering with either proof of vaccination or proof of a negative test. With things changing as rapidly as they have been and will continue to do, predictions at this point are pretty much wild guesses based on what a poster thinks should happen.

dmw

In the Parks
No
We'll wait. Disney is not Disney like that. How many times have we all pretty much in agreement on here said that the best part about Disney is that it is an ESCAPE from the real world? We all agree to this. But it looks like everywhere else now. Disney isn't the same without fireworks, parades or smiling staff. It just isn't. We all agreed to this a year ago, this is one of those unanimous things on these boards that we could count on. Customer service was always exceptional at Disney, the personable feeling, the atmosphere, etc.
I totally agree about the escape part. It's for that same reason we have stopped watching TV shows that dwell on the pandemic, have the actors wearing masks, etc. We want our entertainment to be an escape from reality.

Now, given some recent changes in policy across the USA, I'm more inclined to think that Disney may drop the mask and unsocial distancing before 2022, which was my original guess.

dmw

In the Parks
No
I don't see WDW dropping mask requirements.

Currently, WDW cannot be held liable for Covid infections, if WDW follows the rules set by the State of FL.
Here in Georgia most business are now posting a sign with wording to the effect that anyone entering the business assumes all risks for getting Covid. I have no legal background to know if that would stand up in court, but I wonder if Disney were to post that on the web site, park entrances, etc., if they might decide to relax their protocols sooner than the CDC may advise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom