Mask Mandate: Baby turns 2 on the last day of our visit...

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
ya, I know what you mean, got in a disagreement with a neighbor who thought he was above the rules by driving 27mph in a 25 zone. I told him if he can't follow the rules of the gated subdivision(private property) then don't drive here. We're still seeing car injury accidents these days

Driving 2 miles over the speed limit isn't necessarily the same as following a mask mandate indoors though.

NelleBelle

I don't understand this...OP knew it was a possibility that her "taller than average" child who was turning 2 may be asked her age and asked to mask up but then goes and flaunts that its her birthday and gets upset when *gasp* she's actually told to abide by park rules and have her DD put a mask on. SMH, just because other CMs didn't enforce the rule, she was still outraged enough to considered never going back. Give me a break...its exactly why the Katiebug "Sam" reference was used.:rolleyes:

Chi84

Premium Member
ya, I know what you mean, got in a disagreement with a neighbor who thought he was above the rules by driving 27mph in a 25 zone. I told him if he can't follow the rules of the gated subdivision(private property) then don't drive here. We're still seeing car injury accidents these days
This was more along the lines of making sure a cop was watching, holding a sign outside the window saying "I'm exceeding the speed limit," then demanding to speak to the cop's supervisor instead of accepting the ticket. OP was determined to make this an issue and got his wish.

Tony the Tigger

Found it - So that post is 8 years old and people here still reference it when anyone complains about WDW? Lol...To compare my experience with hers is quite a stretch. Honestly didn't expect everyone here to be so pedantic about all the rules. I at least expected a few people to see the hypocrisy in enforcing ineffectual mask policies on a 2 year old, while completely ignoring social-distancing or temperature checks, etc. But I digress, this is the internet. Better to set the bar low...real low.
Why do you think you’re entitled to special treatment?

As long as your daughter’s health and safety were your number one concern…

correcaminos

when will people learn that rules are rules. You don't get to pick and choose which law, policy or rule to follow just because you disagree with it
Let's make the rules like for like with what happens at the end...

Speeding: cop pulls me over, I get a ticket. I pay. I was punished for not following rules
Refusing to mask 2yo kid: get told to leave.... oh wait that's what happened.

If you don't want to follow rules expect appropriate punishments. No mask, no entry. Speed, get a ticket and depending on where you live and how fast risk losing ability to drive. Glad you are here arguing again for things like this covid related. You do not disappoint.

Tony the Tigger

I initially asked here before the trip if anyone thought it would be an issue, and most told me no. I was told they weren't checking, and Disney's policy for most things is you're the same age when you began the vacation. If I had thought a CM would make a big deal out of it, I would have snapped a photo of the birth certificate so I could prove the kid turns 2 at 10:13pm. Explaining this to the CM and manager wasn't enough which prompted a visit to guest experience who told us to just lie and cover her shirt. So forgive me if I was a bit irritated, but it was the members of this forum that gave me the bad advice. Anyway, I love how everyone is ignoring the hypocrisy of how useless mask wearing is and is so eager to "follow the rules", no matter how ridiculous. Unless you're wearing an N95 mask or greater, then your mask likely filters 9-12% of COVID particles, with a PERFECT fit. Couple this with the fact that Disney ignores all other COVID measures (Social distancing, temperature checks, enhanced air filtration, etc.) then you really are just being conformists. Bend the knee to Disney, like a good subservient "guest". Disney doesn't care about your well being. The CDC doesn't care if Disney follows their guidelines. So someone explain what is the point of forcing a 2 year old to wear a useless mask?

It won't me post the source here without moderation, so just google:

• Experimental investigation of indoor aerosol dispersion and accumulation in the context of COVID-19: Effects of masks and ventilation

There’s a separate thread about masking. Won’t go into it here.

The shirt was foolish. They had every right to be irritated by you, but not the other way around.

I won’t see anything else you post after this. Bye.

NelleBelle

I initially asked here before the trip if anyone thought it would be an issue, and most told me no. I was told they weren't checking, and Disney's policy for most things is you're the same age when you began the vacation. If I had thought a CM would make a big deal out of it, I would have snapped a photo of the birth certificate so I could prove the kid turns 2 at 10:13pm. Explaining this to the CM and manager wasn't enough which prompted a visit to guest experience who told us to just lie and cover her shirt. So forgive me if I was a bit irritated, but it was the members of this forum that gave me the bad advice. Anyway, I love how everyone is ignoring the hypocrisy of how useless mask wearing is and is so eager to "follow the rules", no matter how ridiculous. Unless you're wearing an N95 mask or greater, then your mask likely filters 9-12% of COVID particles, with a PERFECT fit. Couple this with the fact that Disney ignores all other COVID measures (Social distancing, temperature checks, enhanced air filtration, etc.) then you really are just being conformists. Bend the knee to Disney, like a good subservient "guest". Disney doesn't care about your well being. The CDC doesn't care if Disney follows their guidelines. So someone explain what is the point of forcing a 2 year old to wear a useless mask?

• Experimental investigation of indoor aerosol dispersion and accumulation in the context of COVID-19: Effects of masks and ventilation

You know what protets you, the CDC guidelines, etc, so why don't you follow them regardless of what WDW's rules are, especially in such a high-crowd environment such as WDW??

Figgy1

Premium Member
I mean, did you forget that you were one of the ones who told me "If Disney doesn't start charging admission mid-trip for a child turning 3, they shouldn't start needing a mask mid-trip at 2." before my trip? Lol...It's sort of on you. Thanks for the terrible advice!
You asked if the rule was enforced and got honest answers. Disney doesn't randomly go around asking a child's age but you chose to advertise the age and didn't like the result. That's on you

drizgirl

I mean, did you forget that you were one of the ones who told me "If Disney doesn't start charging admission mid-trip for a child turning 3, they shouldn't start needing a mask mid-trip at 2." before my trip? Lol...It's sort of on you. Thanks for the terrible advice!
Yeah, I still wouldn’t have had them in a birthday shirt. That’s what someone looking for trouble would do.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member

The issue here is not whether it’s a stupid policy or not, frankly, I don’t see much value in a mask on a two year old either. The issue is knowing a policy exists, knowing there was a chance it could be enforced, highlighting the one measure that would possibly alert a CM that the child was now old enough to be covered under the policy, and then letting it cause such a big disruption to your trip over being asked to comply with a policy. I think the proper response would be an email or letter to guest services explaining that you think the rule is a bit absurd, if enough people do that, the policy might change.

There are plenty of rules that people may think are dumb for various reasons and cast members may often look the other way, but when you run across a cast member that’s a stickler for the rule, most everyone else will comply for the duration of the ride then go about their business.

I personally think it’s dumb when they ask you to remove your hat for Figment, or Dinosaur, or Splash Mountain (although I get it for Splash Mountain if people have a looser fitting hat). Sometimes they ask you to remove your hat on those, sometimes not, when they do, I just remove the hat and enjoy the ride anyway.

At Universal, I’m just over the height limit for Rip Ride Rockit, but am more legs so it doesn’t impact the restraints. I’ve ridden it once where an employee said “eh, close enough” and didn’t ride it once when an employee said “nope.” My thought was, “whelp, that stinks to have waited in line, but that’s the rule” and moved along to the next thing.

We may not always agree with a policy, but when you know the policy and draw attention to the violation, you can’t really be upset when one cast member enforces it, even though some others may not have noticed or may have let it slide.

nickys

Premium Member
Overzealous power tripping mods on this forum keep taking down my comments. Hmm...Feels like an overrated theme park I visited recently. Have fun on the Disney forums, nerds. 🖕
Have you read the forum rules?

3. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable.

10. If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom