Mask Mandate: Baby turns 2 on the last day of our visit...

nickys

Premium Member
Might have been Sam?
Can’t have been Sam because we all know that “Sam did nothing”.
I thought it might have been since WDW usually calls him in to deal with this type of "unmagical" experience. But apparently this manager was a young lady. Sadly, Sam was probably off doing nothing.
I remember specifically checking that “un-Magical” post before and there was nothing to indicate Sam’s gender. Sam could have been Samantha. However, since “Sam did nothing” this surely can’t have been Sam. 😉

Chi84

Premium Member
Second time someone referenced Sam - I take it that's some kind of Disney forum inside joke.
Once upon a time, there was a poster named Katiebug101 who had an "unmagical" day at the Magic Kingdom. There were oh so many inconvenient rules and practices apparently adopted solely to get in her way. Her post is legendary around these parts and stands, to this day, as the epitome of clueless, entitled behavior.

Sam was the hapless manager who could have looked the other way or bent the rules to ensure that Katiebug's little prince and princesses had a perfect day, but he did not. Instead, Sam did nothing.

Take the hint.

Swyftfingers

Original Poster
Ok, I’ll admit I took the bait and looked at the Katiebug Sam did Nothing post. And now I’m so glad I did. That was the most hilarious post I’ve ever read on our wonderful forum. It seems strikingly familiar to another recent post!! Thank you @Chia84 and @nickys. I’m still chuckling.
Having trouble finding it. I do however see a lot of people saying if you complain on this forum, that a bunch of Disney brown noses will show up and claim you're this Katiebug. Seems like the meta anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Swyftfingers

Original Poster
Here’s a hint since you appear to be a new poster. Search “Sam did Nothing”.
Found it - So that post is 8 years old and people here still reference it when anyone complains about WDW? Lol...To compare my experience with hers is quite a stretch. Honestly didn't expect everyone here to be so pedantic about all the rules. I at least expected a few people to see the hypocrisy in enforcing ineffectual mask policies on a 2 year old, while completely ignoring social-distancing or temperature checks, etc. But I digress, this is the internet. Better to set the bar low...real low.

Chi84

Premium Member
Having trouble finding it. I do however see a lot of people saying if you complain on this forum, that a bunch of Disney brown noses will show up and claim you're this Katiebug. Seems like the meta anyway. 🤷‍♂️
Nah, people here complain about Disney 24/7 and the Katiebug reference is rarely thrown around. It’s normally reserved for people whining and pestering CMs about some petty problem that’s usually of their own making. See post #17.

Last edited:

Swyftfingers

Original Poster
Nah, people here complain about Disney 24/7 and the Katiebug reference is rarely thrown around. It’s normally reserved for people whining and pestering CMs about some petty problem that’s usually of their own making. See post #17
Just my observation. Had so much trouble finding the original post because of how much that reference is thrown around. Complain about anything and you can guarantee these super original snarky comments. Saw post #17 and I recommend you see post #18. Thanks for chiming in!

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Found it - So that post is 8 years old and people here still reference it when anyone complains about WDW? Lol...To compare my experience with hers is quite a stretch. Honestly didn't expect everyone here to be so pedantic about all the rules. I at least expected a few people to see the hypocrisy in enforcing ineffectual mask policies on a 2 year old, while completely ignoring social-distancing or temperature checks, etc. But I digress, this is the internet. Better to set the bar low...real low.
Gonna tell you the same thing most people on here are told when theyre either going or thinking of going to Disney during a pandemic and them complaining having mask mandates....dont go if its that big of a deal.

Minthorne

Leeeeeeroy Jenkins!

Married5Times

If you cant follow the rules, dont go to a theme park. We're still in a pandemic,

ya, I know what you mean, got in a disagreement with a neighbor who thought he was above the rules by driving 27mph in a 25 zone. I told him if he can't follow the rules of the gated subdivision(private property) then don't drive here. We're still seeing car injury accidents these days

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom