Mary Poppins 3 is in the works

erasure fan1

Well it really doesn't deserve a part 3 for starters. MPR is only at 261mil, sure the budget was only 130mil so right now it's at break even before the substantial marketing campaign. That would be a flop in my book.

seascape

I think it would be a good idea to make a new one every 10 to 20 years but to make a complete series will ruin it. Once she fixes the family they need years to get messed up again. Mary Poppins is special and its movies need to be special.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well it really doesn't deserve a part 3 for starters. MPR is only at 261mil, sure the budget was only 130mil so right now it's at break even before the substantial marketing campaign. That would be a flop in my book.
True, but Disney is the king of post-theatrical sales. This is something that will have great DVD sales and be popular on Disney+. Very franchisable.

erasure fan1

True, but Disney is the king of post-theatrical sales. This is something that will have great DVD sales and be popular on Disney+. Very franchisable.
Oh I agree, but what's more franchisable than star wars and they dropped Solo like a bad habit. It will take a lot for poppins to beat solo, and solo was considered a huge failure. You have lego movie and how to train your dragon next month then off to the races with Marvel in march. So it only has a few more weeks most likely. I know they expect more from star wars but poppins was the reason they wouldn't move Solo. They expected big things from it and it failed to deliver. It really is a double whammy for Iger as if Solo was in December it would have done significantly better. Not saga or Rouge one numbers good, but it would've at least been respectable.

KeithVH

1547410655821.png

ppete1975

the world needs more escapes like mary poppin movies. Lets be honest, its one of those rare movies you can take your kids to, and forget all the realness in the world. And Disney did a great job of making it feel like a movie they would have made at the same time of the original.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom