Marvel's Spider Man : Homecoming

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://collider.com/spider-man-kevin-feige-confirms-peter-parker-in-high-school/

Interview with Kevin Feige -

“In terms of the age of an actor we’ll eventually to cast, I don’t know. In terms of the age of what we believe Peter Parker is, I’d say 15-16 is right.”

“We want to play with Spider-Man in the high school years because frankly there’ve been five Spider-Man films and the amazing thing about it is, even though there’ve been five Spider-Man films, there are so many things from the comics that haven’t been done yet. Not just characters or villains or supporting characters, but sides to his character. The most obvious being the ‘young, doesn’t quite fit in’ kid before his powers, and then the fella that puts on a mask and swings around and fights bad guys and doesn’t shut up, which is something we want to play with and we’re excited about.”

“I think it was midway through the first film that he graduated high school. At the beginning of the second Marc Webb film, he graduated high school. And some of my favorite Spider-Man arcs and Spider-Man stories, he’s in high school for a lot of it. We want to explore that. That also makes him very, very different from any of our other characters in the MCU, which is something else we want to explore: how unique he is when now put against all these other characters.”

doctornick

Cool, that's exactly what I'm hoping for. Quite frankly, I'd love it if they just took a bunch of episodes of Spectacular Spider-Man (an awesome series) and mash them into a film. It sounds like that might be the vibe they are going for with this characterization.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Cool, that's exactly what I'm hoping for. Quite frankly, I'd love it if they just took a bunch of episodes of Spectacular Spider-Man (an awesome series) and mash them into a film. It sounds like that might be the vibe they are going for with this characterization.

I wonder if they will just skip the origin story all together. If Spider Man shows up already a superhero in Cap 3 then they can just get on with it in the stand alone. No need to rehash the story a 3rd time.

doctornick

I wonder if they will just skip the origin story all together. If Spider Man shows up already a superhero in Cap 3 then they can just get on with it in the stand alone. No need to rehash the story a 3rd time.

I think they will skip it and they should. You can do some quick flashback elements as needed for background, but introduce Spider-Man as already being established. Which goes back to my point of the Spectacular Spider-Man show -- that was how they started that series, by having Parker already having his powers and fighting crime while also dealing with all the trials of being in high school.

erasure fan1

I think its a good bet we do not see an origin story. I thought it was odd that we saw the origin story in the amazing movies. We all know it so lets just throw Spidey into the MCU. I hope like you said he shows up in Civil war and they use only necessary back-story then off to the races.

Launchpad McQuack

As much as I love teen Spider-Man stories, I really hope that eventually, the character gets to grow up in the movies. In comics, he has been a college grad, a husband, a teacher and now he even owns/runs his own research/tech company.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Nerdist has posted a leaked list of Spider-Man candidates, they claim these are the actors that have been asked to come in and test for the role. http://nerdist.com/marvel-sony-spider-man-shortlist-nat-wolff-asa-butterfield/

Asa Butterfield (Ender’s Game)

images

Nat Wolff (Paper Towns)

images

Liam James (The Way, Way Back),

liam-james-sundance.jpg

Timothee Chalamet (Interstellar)
Timothee+Chalamet+Interstellar+Premieres+Hollywood+h5JQm1UyJqHl.jpg

Tom Holland (Wolf Hall)
Tom+Holland+Premiere+Summit+Entertainment+2OzQtdZ8zKAl.jpg

Tony Perkis

Since Phil Lord and Chris Miller are writing and producing this, then the potential for a very solid film are there.

If the two end up directing it, then it has a very good chance of being the best theatrical Spider-Man ever.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Spider Man meets Breakfast Club - http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/29/new-spider-man-breakfast-club

"If The Winter Soldier was a ’70s conspiracy thriller and Ant-Man is a heist film, he was asked by SlashFilm, what will the tone and tenor be of the new reboot? “Spider-Man will be a ‘John Hughes’ movie,” he said.

“We haven’t seen a John Hughes movie in a long time,” said Feig, according to Birth.Movies.Death. “Not that we can make a John Hughes movie—only John Hughes could—but we’re inspired by him, and merging that with the superhero genre in a way we haven’t done before excites us.”

They have also confirmed there will be NO ORIGIN STORY shown on screen.

erasure fan1

Too right, we really don't need to see that again. I think everyone knows how Peter became Spidey by now.
What! Speak for yourself! If you spoil it I'll have you banned! I don't want it spoiled like before I saw Titanic. Man I still can't believe the ship sank! o_O

Blackie Pueblo

I actually have my concerns. I'm sure it's going to be phenomenal all the Marvel films have been really good. But they went so long without having spider-man that I'm used to not having him in the Marvel Universe. So now I'm worried that Spiderman will take all the Thunder away from the other heroes like Wolverine took all the thunder from the x-men movies. Those movies might as well just been called Wolverine. But I am glad they're going to skip over the origin and make it film where you already know how he came to be.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Amen. How many times do we have to sit through the re-telling of being bit by a toxic spider?

erasure fan1

They should mix it up and give him his powers as the result of eating a radioactive churro.
No, don't be ridiculous, a churro makes no scene. Now a turkey leg on the other hand, that would be the way to go. They have to come from some sort of radio active turkey to be that big.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom