Marvel's Disney Kingdoms Round 3: Big Thunder Mountain

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Inside the Magic has images of a teaser poster emerging at the parks for the next Disney Kingdoms series from Marvel

tumblr_ndltdcQFfU1sa3t1go1_400.png

http://www./headlines/big-thunder-mountain-railroad-teased-as-next-disney-kingdoms-comic-series/

The formal announcement of the title is apparently set for tomorrow according to the official Facebook/Twitter for the line.

Matt_Black

Neat! I like westerns and comics mashed together. I even wrote a paper on western comics for college.

If this is successful, maybe we'll get the first official Marvel/ Disney crossover with one of Marvel's western characters, like the Rawhide Kid.

216bruce

I've read "Seekers of the Weird" and "Figment". The first was quite good and I had really high hopes for the second, but it was a little disappointing. Hope Big Thunder is a return to 'really good'. The best part of "Figment" was the absolute last panel in the last book- perfect.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Details and full teaser art on the Parks blog now:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ies-to-feature-big-thunder-mountain-railroad/
BTM698042.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is a five-part comic series driven by Walt Disney Imagineering storytelling that’ll include earthquakes, floods and, of course, dynamite-chewing goats. Disney Kingdoms editor Bill Rosemann says, “This action-packed story by writer Dennis Hopeless and artist Tigh Walker will feature the never-before-told saga of how the gold mine in Big Thunder Mountain became the haunted legend it is today.”

As readers explore the “wildest ride in the wilderness,” they’ll go back in time to a Gold Rush town where daring men and women were in a daily battle between man and mountain. There will be plenty of surprises and mystery along the way as the series uncovers why Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is more than a rumbling, tumbling train car attraction.

Disney Kingdoms Big Thunder Mountain Railroad series will be on sale in comic shops across the country in the spring of 2015.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom