Marvel teases a Journey into Imagination comic

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Not sure how I feel about this...could make things better or even worse than they already are...
Seekers of the Weird has been a pretty solid take on the Museum of the Weird concepts and feels like one of Disney's 80s live-action movies, though the Uncle Roland character screams Johnny Depp.

And considering all the Dreamfinder baiting the last couple years and that this teaser came up the day after the anniversary of the original's opening, I'm pretty optimistic about what the content could be. Also, the writer is working on the Samurai Jack comic at IDW, so that's cool.

Captain Neo

I hope its based on the original Journey into Imagination but I have a feeling it might just be a figment only series

Also might be based on the now cancelled proposal to redo the ride from 5 years ago. Considering the other comic in the line is based on an unused attraction idea.

stevehousse

I hope its based on the original Journey into Imagination but I have a feeling it might just be a figment only series

Also might be based on the now cancelled proposal to redo the ride from 5 years ago. Considering the other comic in the line is based on an unused attraction idea.
Details on this redo ride from 5 years ago please...

Cmdr_Crimson

You know the only other route to go with Figment is now a days..........Dare I say..... a New show on Disney Junior....But, then again do we really need another Big Purple thing talking to Kids?
Figmentwalkaround_zpse5508799.jpg

*Shudders*

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
The writer's blog has mentioned that more details on this should be up next week, though considering how this is coming in June, it makes sense that solicitation isn't too far away.

TinkerBelle8878

It might be an 'origin' kind of thing. Starting with who Dreamfinder is, how he came to be, and then the creation of Figment. That would make the most sense for them to do as its nothing that's really established or then will fall under contradicting what people already know.

I can only hope maybe it will be driving interest in fixing that pavillion so it at least holds some of its former glory. Such a shame what its become.

DisneyGentleman

It might be an 'origin' kind of thing. Starting with who Dreamfinder is, how he came to be, and then the creation of Figment. That would make the most sense for them to do as its nothing that's really established or then will fall under contradicting what people already know.

Or it might be a Disney True Life Adventure:

Creatives build magnificent ride loved by children of all ages. Evil CEO decides upside down toilets and sounds of loud trains are far better and destroys the masterpiece. In act of despair, new management decides that mocking scientists is a safe bet for fun, and hires washed-up comic to gratuitously overact. Children-at-heart sneak into blocked-off areas and relive the wonders of times past. Company allows ride to decay into complete disrepair, and sad fans share memories of wondrous days gone by.

TinkerBelle8878

Creatives build magnificent ride loved by children of all ages. Evil CEO decides upside down toilets and sounds of loud trains are far better and destroys the masterpiece. In act of despair, new management decides that mocking scientists is a safe bet for fun, and hires washed-up comic to gratuitously overact. Children-at-heart sneak into blocked-off areas and relive the wonders of times past. Company allows ride to decay into complete disrepair, and sad fans share memories of wondrous days gone by.

Too funny. I had a weird thought of the old 80s Dungeon and Dragons Saturday morning cartoon. I wasn't a fan of any of that stuff but the premise where these people got on an abandoned (was it abandoned? I never really watched the show past the opening) ride and were transported to whatever other world that was. This is going solely on memory but it always creeped me out as a kid which is why it stuck in the recesses of my mind. Something like that would make for an interesting premise too. Get on the horrid ride and be transported through to an alternate dimension that lives on? Magic turntable?

JimboJones123

Too funny. I had a weird thought of the old 80s Dungeon and Dragons Saturday morning cartoon. I wasn't a fan of any of that stuff but the premise where these people got on an abandoned (was it abandoned? I never really watched the show past the opening) ride and were transported to whatever other world that was. This is going solely on memory but it always creeped me out as a kid which is why it stuck in the recesses of my mind. Something like that would make for an interesting premise too. Get on the horrid ride and be transported through to an alternate dimension that lives on? Magic turntable?
VENGER!!!
battle14.jpeg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Damn, Gibbon took three thick volumes for 'The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire', You did the decline and fall of Imagination in a single paragraph, You rock!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom