Marvel Summer of Super Heroes

DLRP NEWS

Original Poster
This summer, Marvel Super Heroes are landing at Walt Disney Studios Park for the Marvel Summer of Super Heroes season at Disneyland Paris. Spider-Man, Black Panther, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow and the Guardians of the Galaxy will all be there for another never-before-seen season, with multiple shows and experiences that promise to be EPIC! A brand new innovative stage show will be the main event, giving guests a truly immersive experience with their favorite Super Heroes.

This seasonal event is the beginning of a broader, long-term presence of the Marvel universe at Disneyland Paris, including a new Marvel-themed area and attraction, as well as the first Disney Hotel to showcase the thrilling world of the Avengers, Spider-Man and more rolling out in 2020. These new Marvel experiences are just one of the ways Walt Disney Parks and Resorts continues to bring immersive worlds to life for guests around the globe.

Stark Expo presents: Energy for Tomorrow! will be a brand new stage show on the Production Courtyard stage used for Star Wars and Christmas shows, featuring Loki, Black Widow, Spider-Man and Tony Stark (Iron Man) himself.

Coming from Disney California Adventure, Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Dance Off will feature Peter Quill (Star Lord) and Gamora leading guests on a mission set to his favourite 70s and 80s playlist.

The longstanding Spider-Man meet and greet will also make way for a Heroic Encounter with Captain America in Backlot. Guests will still be able to meet Spidey face-to-face, but only if they’ve booked the new Signature Marvel Package with their hotel. At this encounter, Spider-Man will wear a brand new Marvel Cinematic Universe costume for the first time, becoming his standard in-park look.

“Marvel: Super Heroes United”: a spectacular innovative production

Among the new additions for this summer, the Marvel: Super Heroes United show will bring together favorite Marvel Super Heroes for a new live show with cutting-edge technology. This live-action super-production mixes a huge 400 m² stage with one of the biggest LED screens in Europe, incredible special effects and, for the first time, in a Disney Park, the indoor use of drones beneath unbelievable aerial choreography for a truly spectacular show.

Imagine… You’re sitting in your chair with projections all around you, before some of the biggest Marvel Super Heroes on the stage, surrounded by breathtaking special effects for a unique and immersive experience. Marvel: Super Heroes United uses the latest technology to create a fully-immersive world.

The magic of video projections allows guests to move between worlds. You will travel with Doctor Strange to the “Sanctum Sanctorum,” visit Dr. Abraham Erskine’s lab (creator of the Super Soldier Serum used by Steve Rogers aka Captain America), and even enter the sanctuary of the evil villain Thanos.

In this brand new story, Thanos will bring trouble to the Avengers and their allies after finding a way to manipulate them, turning them against each another. Thanos succeeds in distracting the Avengers from their top priority which is to protect all mankind. Luckily, the Heroes will unite to thwart his evil plans. With a few more twists and turns the ultimate battle between good and evil prevails.

Backstage at… Marvel: Super Heroes United

• A huge stage measuring over 400 m²
  • A projection area measuring 1,000 m²
  • One of Europe’s largest LED screens
  • A 180° video experience with over 30 video projectors
  • Special effects and scenic pyrotechnics
  • 80 light projectors and moving stage sets The Studio Theatre at Walt Disney Studios Park has been completely reimagined to welcome this show and its cutting-edge technology
  • From initial studies to the end of construction, this project will involve almost 300 professionals.
  • During the season, the show will be performed up to 5 times per day.
The Marvel Summer of Super Heroes seasonal event will be at Walt Disney Studios Park every day from 10 June through 30 September 2018.

This show will be huge guys !!!!
1521579784524.png

peep

The park is starting to get ready for this event now. The ex-Cinemagique theatre has been renamed and signs are starting to be unveiled.

Statues and posters of Marvel characters are now appearing...

Looks like they're really cashing in on the Infinity War hype.

A new stage for the Guardians dance off show has also been unveiled...

There's also a new location for the Captain America meet.

I'm personally quite excited for this event, I'm a Marvel fan and I'm very intrigued to see what the entertainment will be like. I won't be visiting until the end of August but it looks like it'll be a huge event.

PorterRedkey

I am headed to DLP next month for the first time. I think the Marvel event looks fun. I am really looking forward to seeing the new Marvel Super Heros United stage show! Very curious about the use of drones!

RunningKoen

And a second live stream. This one also has a interview with some of the producers, but it also shows a preview of the theatre show. It's perfect, but combining english and french. The story is slightly hard to follow but the rest is great.

Link

peep

combining english and french. The story is slightly hard to follow but the rest is great.

Yeah that was an interesting choice, hopefully the language split makes sense as sometimes it's not great (looking at you, Mickey and the Magician). Some of the initial twitter reactions of the show seem to be that it looks great but there's not much beyond that. I'm still excited to see it in person, just gutted I have to wait until the end of August.

I'm actually hating the fact the Guardians dance party forces random audience members to dance on the stage in front of everyone. Will have to stand incredibly far away or avoid.

cjkeating

Yeah that was an interesting choice, hopefully the language split makes sense as sometimes it's not great (looking at you, Mickey and the Magician). Some of the initial twitter reactions of the show seem to be that it looks great but there's not much beyond that. I'm still excited to see it in person, just gutted I have to wait until the end of August.

I'm actually hating the fact the Guardians dance party forces random audience members to dance on the stage in front of everyone. Will have to stand incredibly far away or avoid.

What don't you like with the French/English in MatM? I thought Mickey in French and the support characters in English worked well. I don't speak French so I don't know what is is like if you can understand both but for me I got everything you need to know from the English script and the expressive Mickey face also gives you a good idea what Mickey is feeling when he is speaking in my opinion.

peep

What don't you like with the French/English in MatM? I thought Mickey in French and the support characters in English worked well. I don't speak French so I don't know what is is like if you can understand both but for me I got everything you need to know from the English script and the expressive Mickey face also gives you a good idea what Mickey is feeling when he is speaking in my opinion.

It's mostly great but there are moments where it's not so good, for example when the hat is introduced they both speak in French and it's a bit of a guessing game of what they're on about.

But the argument goes both ways, I google translate the ED92 forums and there was a lot of hate for FanDaze being 100% English speaking.

cheezbat

It's mostly great but there are moments where it's not so good, for example when the hat is introduced they both speak in French and it's a bit of a guessing game of what they're on about.

But the argument goes both ways, I google translate the ED92 forums and there was a lot of hate for FanDaze being 100% English speaking.
I find that funny...seeing as how most I
People I ran into at the event spoke English.

peep

Checked out this event at the weekend so thought I'd throw a few opinions in here...

Guardians dance party - I hate it. I just hate people being singled out and forced to dance in front of the crowd. I should point out that I'm fine with and enjoy getting the crowd to dance along, but pulling a random audience member to the stage to dance is just awkward and I hate every second it's happening.

Stark expo - Hmm, fake fight scenes really don't work do they? Kids seemed to love it and I do like how Spidey appears at the top of a building and then on the stage (shame he doesn't zipline down). Big Meh.

Super heroes Unite - It looks expensive but as a show it's awful. My concern about the mix between English and French wasn't really the issue (aside from several monologues essentially being said twice over which is tedious and slows things down). The dialogue is really clunky though and there are massive pauses between replies which is just... weird? The story doesn't make an ounce of sense either - Thanos is using the mind stone to manipulate the heroes to turn "bad" but it's actually random drones changing them? A big part of the show is also showing several of the hero origin stories which also seems like a random thing to have and doesn't add anything to the show.

The action scenes also seem a bit awkward and I'm aware at least one huge technical element wasn't present during the two performances I watched. Audiences seemed to sort of enjoy it right until the end when it feels like everyone is thinking "is that it?". Hopefully it gets a big overhaul when it returns next year.

The snacks on offer were great and varied though, loving this new focus on themed food offerings. The black panther ice cream was really tasty and had a coconut flavour. Also tried the groot bread which was nice.

Overall the season feels a bit of a let down, especially as character meet and greets aren't a thing. Oh unless you count the Captain America meet that is locked behind an app which doesn't work (all reviews in Google play store are 1*). Hopefully they can fix it next year, and I think they can. I would also like to point out that there was an insane amount of kids in Marvel costumes (also one Green lantern kid :p ) and the overall atmosphere/excitement for Marvel stuff was high. That Marvel expansion can't come soon enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom