Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige Promoted To Marvel Chief Creative Officer Title; Will Oversee All Creative & Story Initiatives

Darkprime

Original Poster
Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige Adds Marvel Chief Creative Officer Title; He’ll Oversee All Creative & Story Initiatives

tl;dr: Marvel Movies and TV/Animation Division will now be under Feige's Marvel Studios banner. Feige will also have creative control over the entirety of Marvel Entertainment as Chief Creative Officer, Marvel

A major structural shift is taking place at Marvel. As the brand looks to put even more of its stamp on The Walt Disney Company with the upcoming launch of Disney +, all of Marvel’s creative personnel is moving under Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. Deadline hears that Feige is adding the title of Chief Creative Officer, Marvel, to his title.

What that means for the brand is that all the company’s key creative executives across film and TV will now report to him, sources said.

Already master of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Feige’s oversight will extend to the overall creative direction of Marvel’s storytelling and content creation platforms. As part of this, Marvel TV and animation generator Marvel Family Entertainment will move under Feige’s Marvel Studios banner.

Side note on how structures will work for the Marvel Entertainment.

Here is how the reporting structure will line up right under Feige: Dan Buckley will continue as President of Marvel Entertainment, where Ike Perlmutter remains Chairman. Long a creative collaborator for Feige in publishing and television, Buckley will have a dual reporting structure going forward, Deadline hears. He will continue to oversee publishing creative/editorial and in that capacity he will now report to Feige. Buckley is also responsible for publishing operations, sales, creative services, games, licensing and events. There, he will report to Perlmutter. It is expected that Joe Quesada will remain a creative lead for of Marvel Entertainment, reporting to Buckley. It is expected that all the creative execs in publishing will report to Buckley.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The new power structure....

I'm glad TV is finally under Feige.

He has the touch to bring all of Marvel under his wing, doesn't he?

The_Jobu

As a comics fan, I think its good that Quesada is out, but I genuinely think he damaged the comic industry permanently. The comics division is a hot mess but I doubt Feige has much care for something as small fry as the books.

Darkprime

Original Poster
You have to wonder if Disney might just shutter Marvel Entertainment one day. Like whats the point of it existing if theyre just moving everything under Feige / Marvel Studios. Most people know Marvel through the Marvel Studios brand now anyway.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You have to wonder if Disney might just shutter Marvel Entertainment one day. Like whats the point of it existing if theyre just moving everything under Feige / Marvel Studios. Most people know Marvel through the Marvel Studios brand now anyway.
I don't see why they would. What would be the benefit? Marvel Entertainment is more than just the movie studio, its the umbrella of everything Marvel. So no, I don't think Marvel Entertainment will be shutdown as an entity. Sure things will continue to be shuffled around, but as a whole the entity will be sticking around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom