Deadpool & Wolverine

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
In the comic books, Spider-Man and Deadpool have embarked on a number of adventures together and those always sell well for the publisher. Now, it sounds like Marvel Studios may be considering bringing their quirky dynamic to the big screen.

According to a new report, Kevin Feige and company are mulling over a number of options for the Merc with the Mouth, including a new solo movie and a Disney+ limited series. Considering the fact the latter is expected to be family friendly, that would obviously mean we'd be getting a PG-13 version of the character but that seems highly likely regardless of where he next appears.

However, here's where things get really interesting.

One of the ideas being discussed would be to have Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool appear in the next Spider-Man movie (after Far From Home). Considering the fact the wall-crawler's franchise is healthier now than it's been in a very long time and the success of the Deadpool movies, you just know Sony Pictures would jump at the chance to be part of a sure to be $1 billion team-up!

Marvel Studios could also use this as a way of familiarising audiences with the PG-13 version of Deadpool before moving him into his own franchise again.

For now, though, this is just a rumour so it should be taken with a punch of salt. However, it's hard not to get excited about what this might mean for both the MCU and Spider-Man moving forward if it all pans out the way this report claims.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This should be added into the larger MCU Phase 4 and beyond thread:

Darkprime

Deadpool in Spider-Man 3 would be awesome. Hopefully this mean's Sony and Marvel extended the deal or the deal always included a third movie like Tom Holland said.

BlakeW39

Spider-Man and Deadpool are a really bad combination, it waters down both characters. Deadpool would honestly be better alongside Hulk or even Black Widow. Or Shang Chi. Basically not Spider-Man

CJR

I know I probably won't get my way, but I'd prefer a rated R Deadpool 3 soonish instead of waiting for Spider-Man 3, which is likely five years or so away. They should just let the current franchise play out, it works, it'll make money. They could technically do both.

Darkprime

I know I probably won't get my way, but I'd prefer a rated R Deadpool 3 soonish instead of waiting for Spider-Man 3, which is likely five years or so away. They should just let the current franchise play out, it works, it'll make money. They could technically do both.

I still think they could easily get Deadpool 3 out for Summer 2020. The movie's aren't usually that VFX heavy. In fact it could easily make up for losing the third film on the 2020 slate.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Spider-Man and Deadpool are a really bad combination, it waters down both characters. Deadpool would honestly be better alongside Hulk or even Black Widow. Or Shang Chi. Basically not Spider-Man
You mean like the comic series they already have that has been around for a number of years now....

Spider-Man_Deadpool_Vol_1_2.jpg

doctornick

I actually don't want Deadpool in he MCU. Make it something outside the continuity of the MCU, release it with an R rating under the Fox banner and just make jokes about he doesn't get invited to the MCU party. Done and done.

They can even have intentionally low budget versions of MCU characters appearing to sell the parody nature.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom