Marvel Studios' Daredevil: Born Again

MarvelCharacterNerd

I'm trying to temper my expectations on this because without the Netflix creators, it simply won't be the same (brilliant) show. But I'm stupid happy to have these two together again in these roles!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Michael Gandolfini (The Many Saints Of Newark) is set for a major role opposite Charlie C* and Vincent D’Onofrio in Daredevil: Born Again, Marvel’s upcoming revival series on Disney+, sources tell Deadline.

Written and executive produced by Covert Affairs creators Matt Corman and Chris Ord, the new installment centers on ’s title character Daredevil, otherwise known by the name Matt Murdock, who is an attorney by day and crimefighter by night. D’Onofrio reprises his role as mob boss Wilson Fisk aka Kingpin.

Details about Gandolfini’s character are being kept under wraps; it’s possible that he plays an ambitious guy from Staten Island referred to as Liam. Reps for Marvel and Gandolfini had no comment."

*Edited due to filter

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well at least he is alive. He shouldn't be taken down by a wantabe Hawkeye. He needs to battle Spiderman.

Ken Watanabe?

OC02NDE4LmpwZWc.jpeg

But seriously he wasn't taken down in Hawkeye by a "want a be" Hawkeye, he was shot off-screen by Echo his adoptive daughter for killing her real father.

Phroobar

Ken Watanabe?

OC02NDE4LmpwZWc.jpeg

But seriously he wasn't taken down in Hawkeye by a "want a be" Hawkeye, he was shot off-screen by Echo his adoptive daughter for killing her real father.
Right! It was Echo. We can't have a minor forgettable character kill Kingpin. That is the Punisher's job or at least Spiderman.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Right! It was Echo. We can't have a minor forgettable character kill Kingpin. That is the Punisher's job or at least Spiderman.
A character getting her own show isn't forgettable in my opinion. Also the Kingpin death by Punisher that was done in the comics is far too violent for an D+ show. I don't even think they even attempted it in the Netflix shows, but I could be wrong on that. Maybe it could be done in a rated R Punisher movie, but I wouldn't expect that to happen.

As for Spider-Man, I don't know what they have planned for the next trilogy of Holland lead MCU Spider-Man films. But I would honestly be surprised if Kingpin was in any of them. But who knows maybe by the 3rd one of the next round of movies will focus on Kingpin.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Margarita Levieva (The Deuce) and Sandrine Holt (American Gigolo) are set for major roles opposite Charlie and Vincent D’Onofrio in Daredevil: Born Again, Marvel’s upcoming revival series on Disney+, sources tell Deadline."

"Details about Levieva and Holt character are being kept under wraps; I hear they may be playing love interests for the leads. Reps for Marvel, Levieva and Holt declined comment."

_caleb

I’m wondering if the version of ’s Daredevil we saw in She-Hulk is what we’ll be seeing in Born Again. That performance seemed to be pretty different in design, tone, and personality. I do expect him to be as sarcastic but more witty than the Netflix version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom