Marvel Land or...Not?

Bermination

Original Poster
Pardon me if this has been asked and answered already...

I understand the use of the Marvel name and characters for east of the Mississippi, however I was unaware that Disney can't use Marvel by name in Disneyland either? They are going to have to call this new land something like Superhero Land starring Spiderman?

If true, is this Disneyland only or world-wide issue?

Again, sorry if this has been addressed in some other thread.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
In Captain America: the First Avenger, I believe the wording they used to describe the World's Fair/Epcot pavilion was "Modern Marvels". That could work. Call it the Modern Marvels Pavilion and slap "Stark Expo" signage around. I do like "Avenger's Avenue" though. Has good Disneyesque alliteration without being too on the nose.

Cmdr_Crimson

B.1.a.1.iii. East or West of The Mississippi - permitted uses shall be limited to the use of specific Marvel characters and Marvel may not permit a licensee to use the name “Marvel” as part of the attraction name or marketing.

See, that doesn't make sense..At Disney Springs when the Super Hero Headquarters store open the sign was this...
o.jpg

However, A year or so later...The sign changed to this...It's using the name Marvel however while outside a park it's still in the Resort being Marketed..
o.jpg

GlacierGlacier

See, that doesn't make sense..At Disney Springs when the Super Hero Headquarters store open the sign was this...
o.jpg

However, A year or so later...The sign changed to this...It's using the name Marvel however while outside a park it's still in the Resort being Marketed..
o.jpg
The key thing is it isn't in the park. And since it isn't in the park, they can use it.

Castle Cake Apologist

o.jpg

o.jpg

It's not in a theme park, so it doesn't count.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom