Rumor Marvel Land in Shanghai

wdwfan4ver

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets announced D23 in August or later. The question right now is Does Disney want to start work on Marvel Land, when Zootopia is being worked on.

The starting date plays a role on what Marvel content could be going to Shanghai. The content could even be if X-Men if it is established that X-Men are part of MCU.

Tank Man

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets announced D23 in August or later. The question right now is Does Disney want to start work on Marvel Land, when Zootopia is being worked on.

The starting date plays a role on what Marvel content could be going to Shanghai. The content could even be if X-Men if it is established that X-Men are part of MCU.
Kevin Fiege confirms that the X-Men will be in the MCU during Comic-Con
But Fantastic Four was confirmed to be in proper development first

Tank Man

According to the shareholders call, Bob Iger teased a marvel land for SHDL
Also yes he did tease that,
I would like to see a big budget one in the big $ park. HKDL is getting overlays with DCA getting some stuff, WDW is sitting there.
I would like to see a Marvel land in SHDL, maybe in a superhero themed land as that is a movie genre.

AdventureMP4z

Original Poster
Marvel Land confirmed for Shanghai Disneyland??

PymParty

I think they are simply referring to the "Marvel Universe" attraction in the park, which is a Marvel equivalent of Star Wars Launch Bay. The map simply shows all kind of Marvel Presence in the parks around, I dont think we should consider this as a hint of a future Marvel land

Tank Man

I think they are simply referring to the "Marvel Universe" attraction in the park, which is a Marvel equivalent of Star Wars Launch Bay. The map simply shows all kind of Marvel Presence in the parks around, I dont think we should consider this as a hint of a future Marvel land
Bob Iger was teasing a full Marvel land not too long ago during a Shareholders Call. Let's just be optimistic. ;)
Yeah, that could be the case.
And yes Bob Iger teased one.
But one thing is that it might not happen for a while, maybe not until the Zootopia ride is done. Also HKDL needs some spot light for their marvel attraction coming that will actually be good instead of being over shadowed by SHDL

Tank Man

Disneyandmore is reporting that Shanghai's marvel land will be part of the second gate planned to open in 2029, together with a SWGE and possible pandora.
Sounds possible and I bet the second gate will be a Studios Park with places dedicated to Pixar. marvel, Star Wars and Fox.
Also will they make a 3rd gate at Tokyo Disney sometime. Also I wonder when Disney will make the 3rd gate at DLPR since they have a deadline for just about 11 years

Timothy_Q

Sounds possible and I bet the second gate will be a Studios Park with places dedicated to Pixar. marvel, Star Wars and Fox.
Also will they make a 3rd gate at Tokyo Disney sometime. Also I wonder when Disney will make the 3rd gate at DLPR since they have a deadline for just about 11 years
Tokyo has no space for a 3rd gate unless they buy more land

EarthboundChild

I always thought there would be a Marvel section built in that current plot of land where the "Star Wars Launch Bay" equivalent is currently situated. There's a good amount of room there to replace what's there with a full fledged Marvel section.

I am not enjoying the thought of Shanghai's second gate basically being a "Studio Park." It's just so uninspired but sounds exactly like something that Chapek would do. It's not bold or exciting like the original EPCOT, Animal Kingdom or Tokyo DisneySea. Studios Park at Disneyland Paris is undergoing a much needed transformation, but while what's replacing it will likely be much better it's such a mishmash of eclectic lands that it's just terrible in regards to theming.

Basically if Iger/Chapek was to do a Castle park today without Walt's template we would definitely get something more akin to Universal Studios Florida than Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom