Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

PymParty

What surprises me is that they are supposed to open the land in 2020 and almost nothing (except the attraction showbuilding) seems built or rising

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What surprises me is that they are supposed to open the land in 2020 and almost nothing (except the attraction showbuilding) seems built or rising
Well they didn't say what date in 2020, they could open Dec 31st 2020 and still be in 2020.... :p

In all serious though, actual construction for most majority projects I've seen over the last couple years is around 18 months. Its the demo and prep work that takes the longest amount of time. So with the showbuilding looking mostly complete its only the shops and restaurant that needs completing. And from what I can tell they've gone vertical on some of that stuff already.

mickEblu

Well they didn't say what date in 2020, they could open Dec 31st 2020 and still be in 2020.... :p

In all serious though, actual construction for most majority projects I've seen over the last couple years is around 18 months. Its the demo and prep work that takes the longest amount of time. So with the showbuilding looking mostly complete its only the shops and restaurant that needs completing. And from what I can tell they've gone vertical on some of that stuff already.

And they also could not open in time like ROTR or in phases like Pixar Pier.

Animaniac93-98

I believe the ride will open in 2021, but the rest of the land will open first.

Is that still the case? I'm wondering if GE will have changed their minds.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
And they also could not open in time like ROTR or in phases like Pixar Pier.
I highly doubt it. If this really is just like TSMM, which at this point there isn’t a reason to doubt it, then it’s not like it’s some complex ride system.

Shops and restaurants can go up in 3-6 months. So they aren’t off schedule yet for a 2020 opening.

mickEblu

I highly doubt it. If this really is just like TSMM, which at this point there isn’t a reason to doubt it, then it’s not like it’s some complex ride system.

Shops and restaurants can go up in 3-6 months. So they aren’t off schedule yet for a 2020 opening.

Well now that you highly doubt it, it’s definitely going to be delayed. I’m betting against you every time. Lol

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well now that you highly doubt it, it’s definitely going to be delayed. I’m betting against you every time. Lol
Whatever. :rolleyes:

Point is the most complex building of this Phase 1 of Marvel Land has always been the Spider-Man attraction. With that looking to be mostly complete construction-wise externally with the exception of the outside facade, its not hard to see they'll move to the rest of the land fairly quickly.

This is from a Fresh Baked video from 2 weeks ago, they are already forming the foundations and going vertical with the rest of the land.

So no I don't believe it'll be delayed. Could I be wrong, absolutely. But from what I can tell at this point I don't see that happening. So it may not open in May 2020, but I still believe a 2020 opening is very much possible. However I reserve the right to change my opinion as the project progresses.

PymParty

Do we know what they plan on doing with the trolley ? On the aerial, we can see that, despite the fact they destroyed the tracks in the construction area, the trolley depot has not been moved at all.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Do we know what they plan on doing with the trolley ? On the aerial, we can see that, despite the fact they destroyed the tracks in the construction area, the trolley depot has not been moved at all.
There has been no indication on what they are doing with the trolley. Some of us hypothesized that its moving, but no real indication of that yet.

The aerial photo is deceiving as the track is still there from what I can tell being in the area last weekend. But then again tracks are easily replaced so even if they are removed from behind the walls its not a big thing to put them back. But still a long way to go, so time will only tell what they decide to do.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ya’ll are still excited for this project?

LOL.
I'm excited just because its something new added to DCA (yes I know its basically TSMM but still something new) and its Marvel. Whether once all phases are completed it turns out to be earth shattering or not remains to be seen.

BrianLo

Original Poster
As a ‘tourist’ I largely expect to actually spend time in this land and not just transit through it because ITTBAB was a movie preview.

I even suspect most annual pass holders will add Spider-Man to their more often than not list.

All of which is actually a win even if not ground breaking. I am not a three year old nor own one. Formerly while a pretty little corner it was functionally useless as Bugsland to me.

Ismael Flores

There has been no indication on what they are doing with the trolley. Some of us hypothesized that its moving, but no real indication of that yet.

The aerial photo is deceiving as the track is still there from what I can tell being in the area last weekend. But then again tracks are easily replaced so even if they are removed from behind the walls its not a big thing to put them back. But still a long way to go, so time will only tell what they decide to do.

i was hoping that the land will have a central plaza with some cool looking statue or fountain and that the trolley has a stop there. Its too bad they just dont take the initiative and just continue the tracks thru the land and down the parade route to Paradise area.
i wonder if they could add a third car if they added another bypass

Mike S

As a ‘tourist’ I largely expect to actually spend time in this land and not just transit through it because ITTBAB was a movie preview.

I even suspect most annual pass holders will add Spider-Man to their more often than not list.

All of which is actually a win even if not ground breaking. I am not a three year old nor own one. Formerly while a pretty little corner it was functionally useless as Bugsland to me.
Strange choice of words there mate, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom