Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Touchdown

Endgame already hinted that Captain America will be played by Falcon, and Thor will retire and Valkyrie will take his place. Black Panther and Captain Marvel shows that this SJW approach was already in the making. Black Panther was good, but Captain Marvel is awful and she was terrible in Endgame. Regardless, Marvel will still be a success, but not every character does well like Ant-Man, the worse performer.

Having Falcon take the mantle makes sense and only occurred because Chris Evens retireed, Valkyrie is queen of Asgard because Thor is joining GotG (Chris Hemsworth has signed a new contract.)

TragicMike

As long as humans continue to like money, you'll continue to see Marvel films as the public demands them.

It's why HBO is looking at five potential prequel series after Game of Thrones is over.

britain

Bond isn't a continuing narrative that already reached its climax.

Tell that to the Blofeld story arc of Thunderball - You Only Live Twice - On Her Majesty's Secret Service - Diamonds Are Forever. (Or the Daniel Craig films.)

They could have just ended right there with Diamonds. "Roger Moore! You're diluting the brand!" And actually many of the older fans felt that way.

So which do you want Marvel be? James Bond or Man from Uncle?

nevol

The building is essentially two stories, with a sizable catwalk above the ride itself. The clear height at the show scenes is about 20’ (just over 5.5m).
We are guests at the Spider-man costume and weapon R+D facility at the stark industries hollywood campus. We are invited to come test out the new web slingers. When we aren't flicking our wrists at screens, the ride vehicle will gradually incline to the second level, where we find an employee cafeteria and smoking lounge. Here, we continue to flick our wrists in order to select food items for sale and to select the form of cigarette we would like to smoke. The points you earned downstairs will be spent upstairs, and your performance and health choices will all be taken into account when deciding your overall performance at the end of the ride.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: 1.2 billion, 600 million per coast estimate (really rumored to be a billion or more per resort)
Marvel integration in 4 RESORTS: 1.2 billion, 300 million per resort.

This is why the land literally looks half @$$3D

TROR

Tell that to the Blofeld story arc of Thunderball - You Only Live Twice - On Her Majesty's Secret Service - Diamonds Are Forever. (Or the Daniel Craig films.)

They could have just ended right there with Diamonds. "Roger Moore! You're diluting the brand!" And actually many of the older fans felt that way.

So which do you want Marvel be? James Bond or Man from Uncle?
Still a pretty massive difference between the MCU which is one single narrative.

britain

Still a pretty massive difference between the MCU which is one single narrative.

But if anything Marvel is more inoculated against single-narrative fatigue. "I'm a little done with Thor, but I'm interested in Black Panther," or "I'm pleased with the way they killed off that character - there was nowhere else satisfying for them to go on that storyline. Now I'm excited about that character's younger relative..." that sort of thing.

You can't do that with Bond.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The MCU is over now anyway. Over the next few years the movies will only continue to decline and eventually have overstayed their welcome by the general public. It’s inevitable when you don’t end when you’re on top. The MCU peaked and it’s all downhill from here.
I'm sorry but no, and we've discussed this before. MCU hasn't peaked, its just reaching new heights. I know you don't believe it but that doesn't matter.

Marvel has almost 80 years of content to pull from. You don't think they can't create another few movies over the next decade or two that will dazzle audiences from all that content? If you don't then you don't know Marvel or how popular their comics are with audiences.

Bond isn't a continuing narrative that already reached its climax.
Again MCU hasn't reached its climax, its just closing a final chapter in a long book called MCU Volume One "The Thanos Years" and will be opening a new one called MCU Volume Two "Title to be Named Later" in Phase 4. You do realize Thanos isn't the only big baddie in all of Marvel that can be a multi-movie arc, right? Galactus for one could kick Thanos to the other side of the cosmos without much thought if he wanted, and he hasn't even been introduced in the MCU yet.

Marvel has upwards of 8000 characters on record. They can continue to make movies until the end of time and not even touch half of them.

And as for your next argument that always comes up, do I think another MCU movie will top End Game. Well no one thought that Avatar could be beaten, and that looks like it'll fall to number 2 behind End Game. So the answer is a yes, I have a feeling another movie in the MCU will come along and beat it.

Ismael Flores

I’ve been noticing that too. Going by the construction updates I think it’s something like this. Couldn’t see how the new connects with the old on the northeast sectionView attachment 369871

i placed the blueprints directly to the existing building and it seems to fit exactly to what they are building. It does look like they will be widening the path where the old cereal box was. I am sure they will be moving things around where the old CM access gate was and the maintenance bay area for heimlich

I am really surprised they did not take advantage of all the existing property available to give the park a more fleshed out attraction.
Look at all the real estate once used by Bugs queue which seems at this point to be wasted space.

They could have easily dug down below ground used the swinging track they patented and still created a decent size ride if they had used the space more efficiently. The retsrooms also oculd have been moved and the show building expanded even more.

The swinging action didn't have to be extreme to create a unique attraction.

Even if they made it a shooter ride and added the trackless system it would have been better than the layout they are adding.

what is even sadder is that when placing the mermaid building on top of this Spiderman building they are almost the same size. An IP as popular as Spiderman should not be dumb down to a shooter ride the size of a family dark ride.

Last edited:

Mike S

These two statements contradict one another. If something belongs to a certain generation, it can't transcend generations!

What you're saying is that Star Wars has been replaced by the MCU, but at the same time you're saying the MCU will never be replaced like Star Wars.
It’s not a contradiction. Saying it’s our generation’s Star Wars is simply saying it’s the big thing that came out while we were young. Star Wars is still big to this day and the MCU will be big in the future as well.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Seen a couple of comments on YT from different sources stating that they know contractors who are contracted to remove TSMM after Phase 1 of Marvel Land opens. Obviously, I don't immediately believe random people on the internet, but it does throw another topic on the table to consider. It would explain why the new Spider-Man attraction is a similar ride system and would eliminate the redundancy. However it doesn't explain why Disney can't be more original and creative. :rolleyes:

Let's assume this is true for the moment. What would they do with that space in Pixar Pier? Is TSMM too popular to remove? Is Disney really that bad now to clone an attraction in the same park? I just don't know anything anymore.

britain

Seen a couple of comments on YT from different sources stating that they know contractors who are contracted to remove TSMM after Phase 1 of Marvel Land opens. Obviously, I don't immediately believe random people on the internet, but it does throw another topic on the table to consider. It would explain why the new Spider-Man attraction is a similar ride system and would eliminate the redundancy. However it doesn't explain why Disney can't be more original and creative. :rolleyes:

Let's assume this is true for the moment. What would they do with that space in Pixar Pier? Is TSMM too popular to remove? Is Disney really that bad now to clone an attraction in the same park? I just don't know anything anymore.

I don't believe it. IF that were true, then... no, they just made the place Pixar Pier! Toy Story is Pixar's premier brand! I like playing the hypothetical game, but my brain can't do it. It's not going to happen.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Wow, if true this is terrible. In the meantime Disneyland is getting 2 E tickets and a D ticket in E tickets clothing. They re going to have to make all APs DCA only.

I’m confused, what’s the D ticket? Do I want to ask?

Edit, Nevermind! Your expectations are lowering daily.

Last edited:

TROR

I don't believe it. IF that were true, then... no, they just made the place Pixar Pier! Toy Story is Pixar's premier brand! I like playing the hypothetical game, but my brain can't do it. It's not going to happen.
Yeah, it'd make as much sense as Disney removing Tower of Terror after remodeling the park in a design which perfectly complements the 1930's aesthetic and theme, especially with several tie ins to the all new Buena Vista Street. It'll never happen.

britain

Yeah, it'd make as much sense as Disney removing Tower of Terror after remodeling the park in a design which perfectly complements the 1930's aesthetic and theme, especially with several tie ins to the all new Buena Vista Street. It'll never happen.

haha! But seriously, BVS is geographically pretty far from ToT. Whereas the new paint on Midway Mania isn't even dry yet.

lazyboy97o

You don’t hire a contractor years in advance nor does it make sense to separately hire a demolition contractor unless only demolition is being done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom