Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

TROR

Marvel isn't going anywhere.. They'll keep adding and adding using the Harry Potter model of additions as the baseline.
Oh yeah those Fantastic Beast movies are cultural phenomenons and they're definitely not milking that franchise into the ground.

Mike S

Imo the MCU still has plenty of steam left. Some maybe gone now but there’s still plenty of heroes left that people care about. Not to mention the eventual additions of the Fantastic 4 and the X-Men. Then add in the fact the kids who grew up with it will pass it on to their kids in the future. The MCU is our generations Star Wars and it’s going to be a permanent fixture on the pop culture landscape.

TROR

Imo the MCU still has plenty of steam left. Some maybe gone now but there’s still plenty of heroes left that people care about. Not to mention the eventual additions of the Fantastic 4 and the X-Men. Then add in the fact the kids who grew up with it will pass it on to their kids in the future. The MCU is our generations Star Wars and it’s going to be a permanent fixture on the pop culture landscape.
These two statements contradict one another. If something belongs to a certain generation, it can't transcend generations!

What you're saying is that Star Wars has been replaced by the MCU, but at the same time you're saying the MCU will never be replaced like Star Wars.

truecoat

Yes, a real Fantastic Four movie. I thought the first one was an ok effort but having the full power of the Marvel studio behind one would be awesome.

britain

The MCU has plenty of steam left, and will see many highs, but I think it is safe to say it has peaked with Infinity War / Endgame. It will continue to be a very successful brand / franchise. But it is moving into a somewhat more diluted phase. Some folks will hop off this train now that the original characters stories are finished. New kids will jump on, but it's becoming time to turn the page, something else will be the new hotness within 3 years. You won't be able to predict it, just like how Harry Potter seemed to come out of nowhere. (A good live-action Last Airbender, please!)

But even in the 'dark times' of the Star Wars brand (late 80's - early 90's) Star Tours was still a super popular attraction. Temple of the Forbidden Eye opened with Last Crusade having "finished" the Indy franchise 6 years prior. Marvel land will do just fine even if they don't ever make another Marvel movie (which definitely isn't the plan).

Touchdown

While Marvel is going to cool off for a bit, I would not be surprised with them pulling off this again in 10-15 years with the X-men and FF leading the team against Gallactius. Marvel has quite a few villains that are as big as Thanos, it also appears Namor might be surfacing based on Endgame, who should slide into the sympathic antihero vacated by Loki.

TROR

The MCU has plenty of steam left, and will see many highs, but I think it is safe to say it has peaked with Infinity War / Endgame. It will continue to be a very successful brand / franchise. But it is moving into a somewhat more diluted phase. Some folks will hop off this train now that the original characters stories are finished. New kids will jump on, but it's becoming time to turn the page, something else will be the new hotness within 3 years. You won't be able to predict it, just like how Harry Potter seemed to come out of nowhere. (A good live-action Last Airbender, please!)

But even in the 'dark times' of the Star Wars brand (late 80's - early 90's) Star Tours was still a super popular attraction. Temple of the Forbidden Eye opened with Last Crusade having "finished" the Indy franchise 6 years prior. Marvel land will do just fine even if they don't ever make another Marvel movie (which definitely isn't the plan).
This is kind of my point. If they never made another movie, it'd be fine. But they will keep making movies and they're going to dilute the brand.

DanielBB8

Marvel is going into Phase 4, from what I read. This means they will diverge into SJW territory since major characters will be assumed by people who look different (color or gender or sexual orientation) and new characters from the Marvel library (with SJW touches). The brand will continue to branch out until this new phase closes out or burns out. Then phase 5 (a return to sanity).

britain

This is kind of my point. If they never made another movie, it'd be fine. But they will keep making movies and they're going to dilute the brand.

Yes but I think a diluted brand will still be more popular than a "focused-but-finished" brand fading into the background as years go by.

Maybe, we'll see.

TROR

Yes but I think a diluted brand will still be more popular than a "focused-but-finished" brand fading into the background as years go by.

Maybe, we'll see.
I definitely disagree. Seinfeld finished on a high note and it's still pretty popular. The Walking Dead has dragged on and now no one cares.

I heard this ten years ago.
The MCU had two movies ten years ago and no one had any idea what the MCU was so no you didn't hear this ten years ago.

Touchdown

Please don’t start the SJW debate, GotG, Black Panther, Dr Strange and Capt Marvel will continue as they were all successful films that haven’t gotten the full triology. If Sony let’s them I’m sure Spider-Man will have one more solo film. Black Widow is rumored to have a prequel film. They are keeping Bucky, Falcon, Vision, Scarlet Witch and Loki alive via Disney+. I assume Ms Marvel will be a supporting member in Capt Marvel 2. I expect Fantastic Four to be the final Phase 4 film before the next team up movie in 3-4 years.

britain

I definitely disagree. Seinfeld finished on a high note and it's still pretty popular. The Walking Dead has dragged on and now no one cares.

The MCU had two movies ten years ago and no one had any idea what the MCU was so no you didn't hear this ten years ago.

Yeah but what about Bond? How popular would that brand be if they just called it a day and rested on the residuals of the past films?

DanielBB8

Please don’t start the SJW debate, GotG, Black Panther, Dr Strange and Capt Marvel will continue as they were all successful films that haven’t gotten the full triology. If Sony let’s them I’m sure Spider-Man will have one more solo film. Black Widow is rumored to have a prequel film. They are keeping Bucky, Falcon, Vision, Scarlet Witch and Loki alive via Disney+. I assume Ms Marvel will be a supporting member in Capt Marvel 2. I expect Fantastic Four to be the final Phase 4 film before the next team up movie in 3-4 years.
Endgame already hinted that Captain America will be played by Falcon, and Thor will retire and Valkyrie will take his place. Black Panther and Captain Marvel shows that this SJW approach was already in the making. Black Panther was good, but Captain Marvel is awful and she was terrible in Endgame. Regardless, Marvel will still be a success, but not every character does well like Ant-Man, the worse performer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom