Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

PymParty

I am really struggling to imagine what the end result of the show building and the land as a whole will look like, it looks a bit too shoehorned in the footprint of Bugs Land to feel right 😶

(by the way, the construction video is one of the best updates I've seen on internet, super informative 👍)

mmelka

My highest hope for this ride would have been use of hanging Peter Pan like vehicles to replicate the webswinging like the pendulum blueprints indicated, but it's not looking like that is in the cards, unless those new blueprints are hiding that the ride vehicles are attached to ceiling rather than the floor.

This is my hope as well. I would also like to see this ride vehicle used to help "simulate" the Spider-Man experience. Sorry for the weeks late response, haven't checked into the Marvel Land updates in a while 😅

Phroobar

This is my hope as well. I would also like to see this ride vehicle used to help "simulate" the Spider-Man experience. Sorry for the weeks late response, haven't checked into the Marvel Land updates in a while 😅
Whatever the outcome, you know there will be a huge line for six months and "imagineers" will pat themselves on the back for creating the greatest Marvel superhero experience since Mission Breakout.

planodisney

Disney needs to get out of this habit of opening new lands with the e-ticket attraction to open at a later date. It’s lousy show and terrible marketing.
GE will be a COMPLETELY different experience and land once ROTR opens, but many people’s opionions about the land will already have been colored. Big mistake. But it will be just a short term mistake and a missed marketing bonanza. Long term once ROTR opens, assuming the ride is what everyone is saying it is, GE will be the most popular land in Disneyland for years to come.
Likewise opening Marvel land without the Avengers ride will be such a missed opportunity for DCA.

britain

Disney needs to get out of this habit of opening new lands with the e-ticket attraction to open at a later date. It’s lousy show and terrible marketing.
GE will be a COMPLETELY different experience and land once ROTR opens, but many people’s opionions about the land will already have been colored. Big mistake. But it will be just a short term mistake and a missed marketing bonanza. Long term once ROTR opens, assuming the ride is what everyone is saying it is, GE will be the most popular land in Disneyland for years to come.
Likewise opening Marvel land without the Avengers ride will be such a missed opportunity for DCA.

It’s a 60-ish year old habit.

planodisney

I’m excited for Marvel. So are my kids, more so than for GE actually. I just wish the entire land would open at once. I think this has a chance to be more “techy”, and a more exiting place to be than Tomorrowland.

planodisney

As far as I know, Hong Kong and DCA are the only parks getting an Avenger ride. This is art posted on the Disney Parks Blog forvthe Avengerscshow building in Hong Kong. If this is what’s coming to DCA as well, count me in!!!!
That blows anything in TL out of the water. Let’s see what D23 has in store.
ACCA7D01-C3F1-4635-A46A-3A1971E48D61.jpeg

SuddenStorm

As far as I know, Hong Kong and DCA are the only parks getting an Avenger ride. This is art posted on the Disney Parks Blog forvthe Avengerscshow building in Hong Kong. If this is what’s coming to DCA as well, count me in!!!!
That blows anything in TL out of the water. Let’s see what D23 has in store.View attachment 381683

Sadly, we're just getting Circuit City:

planodisney

That’s just a picture of the Spider-Man attraction building and I think there will be more detail and intricacy than what people are assuming. If you look at the artwork that shows both sides of that street it’s more interesting.
So anyway, if your point is that that building is the total or Marvel land, then no, you’re wrong.

George Lucas on a Bench

That’s just a picture of the Spider-Man attraction building and I think there will be more detail and intricacy than what people are assuming. If you look at the artwork that shows both sides of that street it’s more interesting.
So anyway, if your point is that that building is the total or Marvel land, then no, you’re wrong.

You're wasting your digital breath. These people are ready to hate all this stuff before it even exists.

planodisney

showed a picture of the above concept art for Hong Kong and stated that this would be the same as the Avengers attraction for DCA and is massive in scale and includes the Avengers plane in front of the show building.
Nothing about that looks cheap to me.

fctiger

************** showed a picture of the above concept art for Hong Kong and stated that this would be the same as the Avengers attraction for DCA and is massive in scale and includes the Avengers plane in front of the show building.
Nothing about that looks cheap to me.
View attachment 381842

My guess is Hong Kong has a deal in place where no one can build one until after theirs debut first sort of what they did with Shanghai and SOTW. So if true, it probably won't show up until 2023 the earliest. But yes it at least looks like its going to be a huge addition to both HKDL and possibly DCA. I also have a feeling we are going to get plenty of info about the land at D-23 now that GE has opened, so this may get a mention too.

fctiger

Call me crazy, and maybe it’s just cause I watched Infinity War yesterday for probably the 50th time and Yensid’s construction video right after, but I am really excited for Marvel land!

Way more excited than I ever was/still am about Star Wars land.

I'm still pretty excited for Marvel land for no other reason DCA will have a cool new spot and I love the MCU. I am disappointed the Spider-Man ride may not be anything more than another shooter ride but I'm still hopeful it may be fun at least. But between this and GE, DLR is going to be an exciting place for the next few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom