Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Touchdown

The movie is 3 hours long and has made over 2 billion dollars which means it’s been on a boatload of screens at all hours of the day.

If two weeks is too short, when is it safe? 1 month, 2 months, end of theatrical run? Im just curious, at some point it’s on the individual to realize people will be discussing spoilers and to avoid the internet. That’s what I did over the first weekend because I wasn’t able to see it until Tuesday 4/30.

The_Mesh_Hatter

The movie is 3 hours long and has made over 2 billion dollars which means it’s been on a boatload of screens at all hours of the day.

If two weeks is too short, when is it safe? 1 month, 2 months, end of theatrical run? Im just curious, at some point it’s on the individual to realize people will be discussing spoilers and to avoid the internet. That’s what I did over the first weekend because I wasn’t able to see it until Tuesday 4/30.

Someone here asked for spoiler tags to be used so maybe just be a nice person and use them for a couple more weeks??

Californian Elitist

Okay, and still, not everyone has seen it.

Why can’t you just take the extra step and use the spoiler tag? Or discuss the film in its dedicated forum? This thread is not an Endgame discussion thread anyway.

britain

Good ol' Jack on DSNY mentions a few things to consider:
  • The screens may possibly be more of a full dome.
  • The areas at the end of each 'aisle of track' are big enough for good show scenes.
  • While we know it's not trackless, we don't know what other capabilities the ride vehicles will have.
To these I rebut:
  • The blueprints make it seem almost like the screen areas are framed in the walls. So, it's still possible for the screen to make a tall vertical curve over your vehicle, but that's not really a dome.
  • While those 'end of the aisle' areas might be big enough for good show scenes, the vehicles have guests on either side, back to back, like TSMM. I don't see how you're going to be able to hide a view of other vehicles / display a good show scene with this set up.
  • While there might be a bit of enhanced movement, it can't be very much since this is pitched as a family ride. So maybe a Winnie the Pooh style of rocking, but nothing that causes a height requirement.
I think the worst thing about this set up is that because of the back-to-back guests and their full views of the area, I'm pretty sure we are in for a "Stark is training you" storyline. No real villains, no traveling to locations, no illusion of great heights in a city. I'm pretty sure you're going to be in a combat simulator themed to be a combat simulator.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

• The areas at the end of each 'aisle of track' are big enough for good show scenes.
  • While we know it's not trackless, we don't know what other capabilities the ride vehicles will have.
To these I rebut:
  • The blueprints make it seem almost like the screen areas are framed in the walls. So, it's still possible for the screen to make a tall vertical curve over your vehicle, but that's not really a dome.
  • While those areas might be big enough for good show scenes, the vehicles have guests on either side, back to back, like TSMM. I don't see how you're going to be able to hide a view of other vehicles / display a good show scene with this set up.
  • While there might be a bit of enhanced movement, it can't be very much since this is pitched as a family ride. So maybe a Winnie the Pooh style of rocking, but nothing that causes a height requirement.
I think the worst thing about this set up is that because of the back-to-back guests and their full views of the area, I'm pretty sure we are in for a "Stark is training you" storyline. No real villains, no traveling to locations, no illusion of great heights in a city. I'm pretty sure you're going to be in a combat simulator themed to be a combat simulator.
Sections were included amongst the drawings that got out. A dome or something would be visible in Section 1. There are catwalks above the ride area.

Mike S

To these I rebut:
  • While those areas might be big enough for good show scenes, the vehicles have guests on either side, back to back, like TSMM. I don't see how you're going to be able to hide a view of other vehicles / display a good show scene with this set up.
Still doesn’t sound good.

socalifornian

It's about 3.5 acres not counting GOTG area. If you factor the Guardians ride and phase 2 area behind if they go that way, it's about 8.5 acres.
So somewhere between the size of Hollywood’s Wizarding World and Carsland. That Candy Cane Inn, 7/11, etc. corner is looking real appealing
814ECCEC-CF07-4280-A35C-57449BBDB321.jpeg

Last edited:

truecoat

So somewhere between the size of Hollywood’s Wizarding World and Carsland. That Candy Cane Inn, 7/11, etc. corner is looking real appealing
View attachment 370514

Yeah, I'm not sure why they are putting it on a second tier almost compared to Star Wars but they should rethink that.

It's already been stated that part of the back parking lot will be taken up with a new backstage building so 8.5 acres is generous.

Californian Elitist

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom