Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

freebird72

I’m very curious as to the specifics of this Spider-Man ride. I find it hard to believe that it’ll be a mere clone of TSMM when the original exists just a short walk away.

We know that significant constraints exist in terms of time and space which would certainly indicate a screen-based ride (for space) and likely a reliable, proven ride system (for time.) I think it’s also fair to assume that robust capacity is needed as well.

Within these constraints I’m finding it fun to imagine what WDI can accomplish to deliver a compact, screen based ride in a very quick time frame.

I wonder if some marriage between the Peter Pan overhead system (perhaps with very mild swinging sensations) could be combined with projection mapping below and around to give the sense of swinging from each standstill screen based scene.

Anyone have any further thoughts, speculation or ideas? I just can’t conclude that this will be a TSMM bore
Disney Parks Blog just had a preview of Ant Man and the Wasp for HKDL (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...attle-opens-march-31-at-hong-kong-disneyland/). I'm guessing the Spider Man ride will be similar, but Spidey themed?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I wonder if you are shooting at actual figures (like Buzz) or screens (like TSMM)? Probably a combo of both with better sets.

I'm wondering how serious they are about the no duplicates of Marvel attractions. So could Spider-Man actually be a clone of Ant-Man and Wasp from HKDL but overlayed with Spider-Man?

Makes you think back to our idea of an Ant-Man 4D attraction....

TP2000

The Animation Building at DCA is not long for this world.

It's not? This past fall they did a full exterior refurbishment for several months on the building.

Photo_0403-Disneyland-1.jpg

Why would they do that in 2018 if they are going to remove the thing in 2019? But then, my theme this month is the lack of logic TDA execs use to run their theme parks.

mickEblu

It's not? This past fall they did a full exterior refurbishment for several months on the building.

Photo_0403-Disneyland-1.jpg

Why would they do that in 2018 if they are going to remove the thing in 2019? But then, my theme this month is the lack of logic TDA execs use to run their theme parks.

I don’t think we re talking this year or next but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not around in 5 years for a couple reasons. One being it’s valuable location next to Marvel land. The other being capacity. I imagine they feel a lot more can be done with the space.

I personally like the animation building if only for the lobby and the continuous loop of Classic Disney animation/ songs. Don’t care much for the the “tenants” as they were one and dones for me. However, I like the variety they provide. Animation academy, Turtle Talk and Sorcerers workshop are all very unique and there is nothing like them in either park.

For reference, I believe they cleaned or repainted the stained exterior of the ITTBAB building (facing Maters) about 12-18 months before ITTBAB went down.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

when they added Elsa and Anna meet and greet they butchered the sorcerers workshop so if they decide to gut it for a ride than im ok.

the workshop was the best thing in there followed by the animation academy which sadly also lost some of its charm as well

Last edited:

DanielBB8

Lack of Logic shouldn’t have to apply to you too. They aren’t going to let exteriors run down before they remove them. Usually, they close the attractions and put them behind walls, then they get run down. But the Animation building is still a working attraction so it gets a refurbishment. This is not to say it won’t eventually be replaced.

MistaDee

Disney Parks Blog just had a preview of Ant Man and the Wasp for HKDL (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...attle-opens-march-31-at-hong-kong-disneyland/). I'm guessing the Spider Man ride will be similar, but Spidey themed?

Oof - I certainly hope not! Ant Man makes sense given its an overlay of Buzz Lightyear, and frankly an OmniMover makes sense just to pad DCA's capacity but cloning buzz feels pretty underwhelming. I wonder if any insiders have an inkling as to what we might expect.

I'm still hoping for some kind of motion base or overhead system (maybe like Horizons?) to pair with the screens in order to convey a sense of movement.

If they optimized their area for expansion around ITtBaB they'd have ~50,000 SqFt to work with. Granted, this is probably an overoptimistic approximation of what they'll be able to use as a show building.

Even if I'm off by 10k that would give an area of about 40,000 SqFt which seems like it would be comparable to Haunted Mansion in size. Perhaps space is less of a constraint than previously thought, timeline and budget may be the bigger issues at hand.

Spiderman Area.PNG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom