Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

bshah365

Honestly, is the ITTBAB show building even big enough to house an impressive attraction... remember that the article said the entrance will be located on the backside, the restrooms are staying, AND there still needs to be a vast area dedicated to this queue... Now although many are disappointed, lets not forget that an attraction was never even expected for phase one as the original press statement claimed MB would be the "anchor" attraction... I'm just happy we are getting some sort of ride system in that theater and not just some shops, meet n greets and dining after 2 years of waiting and construction...

fctiger

Wow finally some news! :)

And actually the Spider-Man ride sounds EXACTLY what I thought we may get because of the Ant-Man shooter in HKDL. I actually thought they were just going to clone that ride and put it in DCA. It makes sense because its smaller (quicker to build), already cloned and kid friendly so people upset about ABL leaving will at least have one option for smaller kids in the area. We knew it wasn't going to be any big E tickets less than two years away.

I think when Ant-Man opens in Hong Kong that MIGHT give us an idea of what they are planning. I agree if its just another version of TSMM Marvel edition its going to feel lame to many (but still really really popular lol). But if they can shake it up a bit and use both screens and physical props, 4D effects like smoke, water, wind, etc OR even get a bit more creative and use the vehicle technology like Mystic Manor and thee old tire ride then it can be an impressive ride, even for a shooter. They may not be thinking on that level but they can do some cool things with it and since they picked Spider-Man out of all characters who swings, climbs and jumps it may be more than a pedestrian shooter like Buzz and TSMM.

But I'm actually looking forward to this area now! :)

mickEblu

Wow finally some news! :)

And actually the Spider-Man ride sounds EXACTLY what I thought we may get because of the Ant-Man shooter in HKDL. I actually thought they were just going to clone that ride and put it in DCA. It makes sense because its smaller (quicker to build), already cloned and kid friendly so people upset about ABL leaving will at least have one option for smaller kids in the area. We knew it wasn't going to be any big E tickets less than two years away.

I think when Ant-Man opens in Hong Kong that MIGHT give us an idea of what they are planning. I agree if its just another version of TSMM Marvel edition its going to feel lame to many (but still really really popular lol). But if they can shake it up a bit and use both screens and physical props, 4D effects like smoke, water, wind, etc OR even get a bit more creative and use the vehicle technology like Mystic Manor and thee old tire ride then it can be an impressive ride, even for a shooter. They may not be thinking on that level but they can do some cool things with it and since they picked Spider-Man out of all characters who swings, climbs and jumps it may be more than a pedestrian shooter like Buzz and TSMM.

But I'm actually looking forward to this area now! :)

If they give us some physical sets, AAs and beef up the effects a lot it could be a decent ride. How will they capture the movement of Spider-Man If it’s just a simple ride system like TSMM though? How does Universal pull it off?

Phroobar

Please don't be the Legoland Ninjago ride were we shoot webs with our hands.

os-legoland-announces-ninjago-ride-20151117

britain

Could this ride possibly still be suspended, like Pan? That doesn’t take up much room and it’s still a great ride - the Shanghai version even sneaks in a wee roller coaster dip.

(Trying really hard to hope for the best on this. Not everything needs to be a bar raising E-ticket, and DCA could really use its own Pan. Ariel isn’t cutting it.)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What happened to the spiderman pendulum coaster?

It never existed.

There was a Disney patent for a pendulum 'coaster' and fanboys attached the idea of a Spider-Man ride to it. But, there are many, many Disney patents that have never been realized into an attraction and there never was a rumor from any reliable insider to say that that patent was indeed for a Spider-Man ride.

BTW: The Buzz shooter in MK, being an omnimover is a high capacity ride. But, we don't know the type of shooter the Spider-Man ride will be. Laser guns, flashlight, screenz, far off targets, MiB... dunno yet.

George Lucas on a Bench

If they give us some physical sets, AAs and beef up the effects a lot it could be a decent ride. How will they capture the movement of Spider-Man If it’s just a simple ride system like TSMM though? How does Universal pull it off?

Spider-Man at IOA is nothing like that Toy Story ride. They blend the screens with the environments in the ride and the motion of the vehicles. Spider-Man swings overhead and you see his shadow. As you come around the corner, he jumps on the hood of the car and you feel it. The rest of the ride is very intricately programmed so that you feel as though Spider-Man is saving you from various funny book villains. So you're in a futuristic vehicle floating and spinning while Spider-Man affects things around you and webs you down in mid-air.

mickEblu

Spider-Man at IOA is nothing like that Toy Story ride. They blend the screens with the environments in the ride and the motion of the vehicles. Spider-Man swings overhead and you see his shadow. As you come around the corner, he jumps on the hood of the car and you feel it. The rest of the ride is very intricately programmed so that you feel as though Spider-Man is saving you from various funny book villains. So you're in a futuristic vehicle floating and spinning while Spider-Man affects things around you and webs you down in mid-air.

I actually watched a ride through last night and it looks cool even though I understand that this is one of those cases where the ride through is doing no justice. People always seem to compare Tranaformers to Spider-Man... and I hate Transformers at USH where I just feel that I’m going from one tiny room to another being thrown around.

It doesn’t sound like Disney will top Universals Spider-Man. The best we can probably hope for is TSMM 2.0. Which could be fun and repetable but nothing Amazing. Pun intended.

But what if they kind of blended TSMM with the best of the Amazing Spider-Man ride at Universal? Doesn’t sound like there is really anything proprietary about Universals version. The question is could they pull it off in 20 months and do they even care to rise to the challenge?

Phroobar

I actually watched a ride through last night and it looks cool even though I understand that this is one of those cases where the ride through is doing no justice. People always seem to compare Tranaformers to Spider-Man... and I hate Transformers at USH where I just feel that I’m going from one tiny room to another being thrown around.

It doesn’t sound like Disney will top Universals Spider-Man. The best we can probably hope for is TSMM 2.0. Which could be fun and repetable but nothing Amazing. Pun intended.

But what if they kind of blended TSMM with the best of the Amazing Spider-Man ride at Universal? Doesn’t sound like there is really anything proprietary about Universals version. The question is could they pull it off in 20 months and do they even care to rise to the challenge?
The Amazing Spider-Man ride opened eighteen years ago and was based on Disney concept for Dick Tracy's Crime Stoppers ride. Why is Disney just trying to catch up now? Heck, I can ride that kind of ride at Magic Mountain now. (Justice League Battle for Metropolis) TSMM and Buzz are totally outdated. Those kind of rides has been done better elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom