Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You’re looking forward to a movie about a boring side character who’s dead? Shang Chi interests me, Doctor Strange would interest me if it had a different director, and Thor interests me but Natalie Portman returning doesn’t. None of them are movies I can’t wait to see like Phase 3’s lineup.

On another note, Endgame has beat Avatar. This is the peak of the MCU. No Marvel movies will ever make these numbers again.
View attachment 391905
i am in 100% agreement with you. I don't care about the black widow movie because it is going to be a prequel and everything we need to now about her past that is relevant to the avengers films was covered. we got the baiscs i dont need a " natasha meet obi wan kenobi" moment with hawkeye. i was excited for thor 4 and found it interesting they were bringing portman back, this is before i found out they were making her the female thor and all enthusiasim went out the window now i do not give two sh@#s about it. i would rather have Thor, the real Thor, be in guardians 3 first as part of that team before going off on another solo adventure. they are doing it backwards. only one i care to see is Blade but if its not rated R then I wont care about it.

TROR

i am in 100% agreement with you. I don't care about the black widow movie because it is going to be a prequel and everything we need to now about her past that is relevant to the avengers films was covered. we got the baiscs i dont need a " natasha meet obi wan kenobi" moment with hawkeye. i was excited for thor 4 and found it interesting they were bringing portman back, this is before i found out they were making her the female thor and all enthusiasim went out the window now i do not give two sh@#s about it. i would rather have Thor, the real Thor, be in guardians 3 first as part of that team before going off on another solo adventure. they are doing it backwards. only one i care to see is Blade but if its not rated R then I wont care about it.
I really like the casting for Blade. You make a good point about it needing an R rating, though. Will they do it? Who knows. I'm most interested in Fantastic Four, personally. I really hope that it's good. We'll see who's set to direct and who they cast.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I really like the casting for Blade. You make a good point about it needing an R rating, though. Will they do it? Who knows. I'm most interested in Fantastic Four, personally. I really hope that it's good. We'll see who's set to direct and who they cast.
I honestly do not know anything about the guy they cast for Blade except that he was in Luke Cage which I did not watch. i have not seen his work before , but marvel studios does a good job at casting usually a few exceptions here and there, looking at you brie larson. my main thing is, it has to be R rated. now i get now a days most pg-13 rated films are essentially R but there are certain characthers I.E. Blade, Punisher, that while yes they are part of the same zany world where spider-man can fight a guy in a rhino costume, they are more gritty and dark and show that there is a harder world to marvel that characthers like spidey dont belong in. we have seen how awesome and badass blade can be as a R rated feature. i want the cursing, i want the gore, i want the movie even though it is a comic and part of a ficitional world to feel more adult like they did in the 1st 2 blade films, blade trinity is horrible and i pretend it does not exist. I want hardcore blade and i dont want a step backwards since this new film will be heavily comparted to the 1st two Snipes's films and any comparsions with the same material are completely fair. so it needs to be on that level. i don't want a family friendly Blade. that is not why i go to see a blade movie. i got that with guardians, spidey. the iron man films. capt america films, etc. i dont want blade to have a serious moment and undercut it with a joke right after. there is a bar and standard that has to be kept with that characther in movies.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Iger has already confirmed they will do Marvel Rated R films when asked about Deadpool. When bringing them into the larger ensemble films, those will be PG-13. But yes I expect Blade solo films to be Rated R.

Curious Constance

My prediction is that Marvel will start taking a slow decline with these Phase 4 movies.

It's not the Marvel superfans they need to care about getting excited for these new movies. It's everyone else.

And, I feel, making any of them R rated is dumb. I bet a big reason their popularity has grown to what it has is because they're viewed as family movies, that the whole family can enjoy together. Why they would want to take kids out of that equation is beyond me.

They're superhero movies for godsakes. They want to make the superhero movies for adults only? :rolleyes:

mickEblu

I think Doctor Strange being horror is a cool change of pace. Im really excited for Blade tbh

The first Doctor Strange is a horror movie? Haven’t seen it but it sounds like a great idea to diversify these Marvel movies where they can. Make them a drama, horror movie etc. first and superhero movie second.

TROR

People have been predicting superhero fatigue for decades and yet the Batmans, Spider-Mans, and Marvels prove them wrong over and over again. The Western genre went for decades and had periods of resurgence.
Difference is that westerns are superior to all other genres.

My prediction is that Marvel will start taking a slow decline with these Phase 4 movies.

It's not the Marvel superfans they need to care about getting excited for these new movies. It's everyone else.

And, I feel, making any of them R rated is dumb. I bet a big reason their popularity has grown to what it has is because they're viewed as family movies, that the whole family can enjoy together. Why they would want to take kids out of that equation is beyond me.

They're superhero movies for godsakes. They want to make the superhero movies for adults only? :rolleyes:
Hard to view movies that joke about orgies and sexual topics as often as MCU flicks do as family movies anymore.

BubbaisSleep

Not the first one but the sequel is apparently supposed to be
I just googled Dr. Strange 2 & seen that Nightmare is rumored to be the villain. He can definitely bring the horror as he haunts people dreams & trap them in his dimension forever torturing them. Basically a Freddy Kruger. Sadly Fox was branching out too with Deadpool & New Mutants. I'm expecting New Mutants to be horrible though but as you can see in the trailer, it was going to be a horror-based X-Men movie.

britain

Okay, based on this new concept art, I am mildly more interested in this SpiderMan ride now. Because...

1) There appears to be an extra layer of glass that your car will be able to use for some effects.

2) Your cab will have a more restrictive field of view, so it may be able to hide its Toy Story Midway Mania cheap layout better. If the aforementioned glass has liquid crystal opacity capabilities, then it could go opaque to really hide the awkward transitions.

3) Any vehicle with a fully-enclosed shutting door reminds me of Tokyo’s 20K, which is fine by me!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom