Marvel heading to the parks!!!!!

Zman-ks

And all that surrounds it...
75.gif

lol :p

ParentsOf4

Though I'm excited to see how they go about creating this. A comic book city with a hodgepodge of different Marvel characters would just seem like too much of a rip off from Islands of Adventure...
I don't know, seems Disney has a great opportunity to create something really interesting at Disneyland Hong Kong and hopefully (as suggested by @Bparso87) someday something exciting at DLR. I'm just throwing out an opinion but I doubt it will be anything like IOA.

wdwfan4ver

I have a hard time seeing Disneyland getting something Marvel before the over seas parks do. There hasn't been rumors about Tomorrowland for Disneyland lately unless something gets announced at D23 in August.

I am curious though on what Disney would include in a Marvel theme area for Hong Kong Disneyland.

There also was a rumor last week about DLP getting Marvel Land.

Based on the Hong Kong Disneyland annoucement and DLP rumor, It seems like Disney has an order for giving Disney theme parks something Marvel for their parks that aren't located in Orlando.

Bparso87

Original Poster
I have a hard time seeing Disneyland getting something Marvel before the over seas parks do. There hasn't been rumors about Tomorrowland for Disneyland lately unless something gets announced at D23 in August.

I am curious though on what Disney would include in a Marvel theme area for Hong Kong Disneyland.

There also was a rumor last week about DLP getting Marvel Land.

Based on the Hong Kong Disneyland annoucement and DLP rumor, It seems like Disney has an order for giving Disney theme parks something Marvel for their parks that aren't located in Orlando.
From what I heard it was suppose to be the stark expo which is basically a world fair. But would be awesome.

wdwfan4ver

I don't know, seems Disney has a great opportunity to create something really interesting at Disneyland Hong Kong and hopefully (as suggested by @Bparso87) someday something exciting at DLR. I'm just throwing out an opinion but I doubt it will be anything like IOA.
I agree that it wouldn't be anything like IOA for Hong Kong Disneyland, but there would be a question on what Disney would do for Marvel in terms of Shanghai Disneyland.

I read that Shanghai Disneyland is going to be 2 or 3 times bigger than Hong Kong Disneyland and that means more can be done with Marvel as a result.

GLaDOS

I agree that it wouldn't be anything like IOA for Hong Kong Disneyland, but there would be a question on what Disney would do for Marvel in terms of Shanghai Disneyland.

I read that Shanghai Disneyland is going to be 2 or 3 times bigger than Hong Kong Disneyland and that means more can be done with Marvel as a result.

Marvel won't be in SHDL.

lebeau

Interesting.

I can't see a Marvel thread without getting nostalgic for the days when jt swore up and down that Universal would give Disney back the theme park rights and Sony would sign over the Spider-man film rights because... um, just because.

Pretty sure that was supposed to happen a few years ago. What's the hold-up?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Interesting.

I can't see a Marvel thread without getting nostalgic for the days when jt swore up and down that Universal would give Disney back the theme park rights and Sony would sign over the Spider-man film rights because... um, just because.

Pretty sure that was supposed to happen a few years ago. What's the hold-up?

Loss of signal from the mothership to him.....

twebber55

woner
Bad title for a thread.

Makes people think Marvel is headed to WDW when it is NOT.

It is headed to HKDL.

Just like it will head to DSP later this decade.

An increased Star Wars presence will also NOT be heading to WDW ... but is on the way to DLP!
wonder what the theory/reasoning behind this is

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom