Marvel Day At Sea Costumes (for adults)

ShipMike88

Original Poster
Hi everyone!
My first post! (long time lurker, lifetime WDW fan, so I'm really not sure what took me so long!)
Wanted to ask about your experiences on Marvel Day at Sea cruises. My wife and I have done three with Carnival, and have had a great time...but DIsney is on our radar, for all the reasons. Growing up, my family had amazing customer service experiences with the WDW cast members, and we figure that the DCL cast is no different.

I did want to ask about Marvel Day at Sea, I'm also a Spider-Man cosplayer; so my suits are closer to what the character CMs are wearing than a suit you can get from Party City. Is wearing a costume like that as an adult cruiser encouraged? I tried looking around Instagram and Flickr, I couldn't really find too many examples of what "grown-up cosplay" looks like on a Marvel Day at Sea cruise.
(for reference, check out my avatar.)

Again, any help would be appreciated!

ChuckElias

Hi Mike!

Of all my cruises, I've never done a Marvel Day at Sea, so I can't really answer your question about costuming. But I just wanted to welcome you and say that I'm glad you finally decided to post here! And also to correct one thing in your post. You said:

Growing up, my family had amazing customer service experiences with the WDW cast members, and we figure that the DCL cast is no different.

You're actually wrong about this. The DCL cast is much better! :D

ShipMike88

Original Poster
Ha! I believe that! I really wish the Marvel days extended through to the Spring. Still trying to get used to the “cruising season” really being another term for “Winter”. :D

ChuckElias

Still trying to get used to the “cruising season” really being another term for “Winter”. :D
Totally off the topic of your original post, but cruising season depends on where you want to cruise. Alaska and the Med are definitely summer itineraries.

jme

Hi Mike

We had a blast on our Marvel Day at Sea cruise last year! The only official policy I know of is guests cannot wear full face masks.
I certainly didn’t see any cosplay level costumes on our cruise either. I can see the concern, as guests may confuse you for “the” Spiderman which might not make CMs thrilled. I’d call and ask ahead of the cruise just to be safe

Have fun!

PS - Chuck is right, DCL CMs are much better than their Parks counterparts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom