Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Mike S

Although this would fit thematically in Tomorrowland why would anyone want ANOTHER attraction in the most visited park in the world, especially when there are 3 other parks languishing. No matter how much we want the old EPCOT to return it is not going to happen. I would rather see SOMETHING done in FW than to see it sit and rot as it is currently doing.
That's why I included the sentence after that one...

ToTBellHop

While it's still stupid, I prefer a FW pavilion over ruining our ToT. At least the Future World pavilions can more easily be rethemed in a few years. I wonder what thin story they will create so it ostensibly fits in Future World.

Since it will replace something unpopular, I'm sure it will be popular with most guests. Only us losers who remember WDW prior to about 1996 will be left to lament the continued death of Future World. Just change the name to Discoveryland already and be done with the charade.

doctornick

Since it will replace something unpopular, I'm sure it will be popular with most guests. Only us losers who remember WDW prior to about 1996 will be left to lament the continued death of Future World. Just change the name to Discoveryland already and be done with the charade.

It would be nice if one of Tommorrowland or Future World actually dealt with the (real, theoretical) future. I can understand one of them being a sci-fi fantasyland, but it seems like both are progressively moving towards that. Actually, I don't really know what FW is moving towards -- it's just a hodgepodge of random stuff, especially if GotG get added on.

clemmo

Is GOTG the only Marvel property that WDI is looking at putting into Epcot? As much as i'm still very much against it, if it's only one property that makes me feel better about the rest of the plans for FW and WS. I wonder what pavilion they could even put it into. It would be nice if it would replace inventions so we get an additional attraction that is really just replacing empty space at the moment.

Dizney Crew

Like others have already stated, I don't care that GOTG doesn't fit in with EPCOT, the park itself is going downhill, time to ditch the FW concept and just get some new attractions. And I hope its a track ride and not some Simulator, sorry to me just re-opening body wars with a GOTG video would be lame.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They have a point. Back in the 80s, you needed a push to learn, and Epcot provided that. Now, there is really now excuse. Global illiteracy is at it's lowest thanks to the proliferation of the internet. If you have a smart phone, information is literally at your fingertips.

It was not so much the theme change, but the attitude that the park is so bad that they should just throw anything in. We can debate theme all day long, but I think we would all agree that a cohesive theme of some sort is vital in making a Disney quality park.

jensenrick

I'm guessing it's between Energy and WoL by that description.

I'm hoping for the old WoL building, because the old Body Wars has already been bulldozed, right? So they would have to build a new ride. :) Dare I hope for something exciting, and not just another omnimower?!

Plus the dome's interior could be redone to look like KnoWhere, maybe even with a Collector's exhibit? That would be cool.

Plus I still have hope that Energy could be a cool pavilion again, if they ever updated the place and got rid of the sitcom schtick- so that's why I hope it's not Energy.

Dizney Crew

It's posts like this that just make me sad. :(

I grew up in the 80's and still remember going to EPCOT as a kid and thinking "WOW, its really cool looking and futuristic", but that was the late 80's/early 90's and FW practically hasn't changed!! It looks really dated and not in a good way. You can't sit there and tell me with a straight face that FW in its current state is a thing of beauty or has a world of tomorrow feel. Time for an update ASAP, whatever direction they want to take I'm fine with, just ready for something fresh.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I grew up in the 80's and still remember going to EPCOT as a kid and thinking "WOW, its really cool looking and futuristic", but that was the late 80's/early 90's and FW practically hasn't changed!! It looks really dated and not in a good way. You can't sit there and tell me with a straight face that FW in its current state is a thing of beauty or has a world of tomorrow feel. Time for an update ASAP, whatever direction they want to take I'm fine with, just ready for something fresh.

I agree that it needs something, I do not agree that they should just throw stuff without regard to a theme.

doctornick

Would you be satisfied as long as Starlord introduced us to some of the wonders of portions of the human body?

Or maybe he could mention fossil fuels.

The Guardians of the Galaxy teach you about energy? I'd love to see them try -- if it were an honest effort and well, it would actually be interesting and perhaps a little educational. Or, at the very least, quite entertaining due to the absurdity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom