Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

matt9112

I don't believe this for one second. Perhaps someone working for Disney did purpose this but it seems crazy to me. Like Blue Sky thinking. Why not Guardians of the Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Groot? Seems just as likely.

because that park dosent have attendance issues.

matt9112

I don't do April Fools online as it became more than cliche about a dozen years ago. And the source is impeccable. I am only placing it out because I know it. I do wonder how many of todays' fans simply think this is a great idea and are still upset the giant toon hat is down.

curious 74...surely alot of middle management is getting tired of this? some people must care about the parks? no change for a mutiny?

WDW1974

Original Poster
If DCA needs a partner to spread out costs, why wouldn't they look to clone it in Paris where they have the same TOT setup and Marvel has been rumored to go there for years?

I'm not a fan of this at DCA but they have to be mad to even think about it a DHS. WDW's TOT is a treasure.

Despite Disney taking control of the resort last year there are complex ownership and financial issues still at play. It is still a separate company. For some perspective, they just did their "Last Tour to Endor" event last week (I believe ... I had an invite.) Paris's financials are not easily mixed with the stateside resorts. DLR and WDW can easily combine/split costs.

And, Marvel is still planned to be a big part of the future of WDSP, unlike Pandora (which you likely don't recall was supposed to be cloned there). They have a quite popular (at least when I was there) Spidey meet-greet-and-spin right across from the RnRC, which has been slated for a Spidey makeover at various points in the last three years or so.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I have been saying the CCP will not allow this to not be a huge hit, especially since HKDL overall been a hit.

I am 30-some pages behind, but I just saw this and need to respond. Here goes ...

NO, NO and absolutely NO.

The CCP positively wants and is banking on this being a big hit and will do whatever is needed to make it so (or appear so). HKDL is on relatively solid footing now, but was not a hit out of the gates, financially or creatively. And now that they have finally made it a unique and quality experience everything beyond The Iron Man Experience and Disney's Explorers Lodge is on ice until SDL is started on Phase II and making Beijing happy.

So, just ... no.

Suspirian

If this happens (yes, I need to qualify it still because final decision is due at end of fiscal year) then Tower will still exist. It may be the Guardian Tower. But it will exist. Largely same exterior. Same ride system. Many props staying likely ... just different pre-show and show while in the elevators. The Tower building and its look isn't going anywhere in either Anaheim or O-Town. How do you think they can do this in about 5 1/2 months?

So its still taking place in an abandoned 30's hotel? Do they time travel in the movie? I'm very confused. This has to be one of the strangest things they've ever come up with.

flyerjab

I say this as a friend, but, you missed the best period of the resort. You came on just as things were starting to go downhill.

What is funny about that is that some here have told me I am lucky because of that very fact. I simply do not know any different. And it would be hard for me to bash a company about things I have no true experience of. That would be an ultimate poser move on my part.:cool:

I still love the resort and will continue going. However, it is disappointing. As a super fan, you slowly craft this ideal in your mind of what this place is and how special it can be. Changes, not always for the better, slowly erase that image. This is the first I have experienced it I suppose. Although, I must admit it is for reasons other than I expected.

Wikkler

So its still taking place in an abandoned 30's hotel? Do they time travel in the movie? I'm very confused. This has to be one of the strangest things they've ever come up with.
It doesn't have to make sense. Enjoy the sounds of "I Want You Back" in the lovely, spooky 1930's hotel as you watch Rocket and Groot defeat the aliens.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Absimilliard

You know when you can finally say you've arrived? When Disney food bloggers (oh yes, they exist) in the Twitverse are so busy taking shots at you (because they can't handle the truth) that they just have no time to write about the fact that Disney is making major cuts in quality and size of items/portions at WDW AND raising prices.

My guess is if you do that than Dr. Blondie, my favorite Cupcake, won't be comping $600 meals at Citricos or the California Grill.

When even my 'wittle buddy Andy Castro has to admit that yeah, this tale has legs, and he can't stand me for reasons I don't quite get as I have given him nothing but hot online luvin (if I find out the EPCOT Explorer dissed me, he'll be pulling Orange Birds out of his orifices!), it should give pause.

This is my last post defending the NEWS (not a rumor whether it happens or not as it is the PLAN now!) ...because I'd rather spend my limited time here talking Shanghai, or Disney's film strategy or hey ... what if I told you that Disney has allowed TEA to undercount DLR attendance since the DCA relaunch and to undercount significantly ... as in millions? Ah, a tale for later. Besides, we all know that WDW is the most popular and bestest Disney resort in the world and that TDL and DL could never possibly best it. Of course, by Year Two of Shanghai Disneyland, the Chinese Communist Party will be dictating just how popular and attended both DL and WDW are ... again, way to go Bob. You are in control.

Now, the question is: how much did Disney ask the TEA to undercount the Disneyland Resort? It would really look bad if DCA leaped over the 3 WDW parks not called the Magic Kingdom.

hopemax

Oh, one idea for those who can't wrap their brains around this absolutely absurd idea that is rapidly rushing toward reality land: contact Disney.

No, not Guest Relations.

Contact the heads of DLR and WDW. Contact Bob Chapek. Contact Joe Rohde. Contact Christine at DCA and Phil at The Corpse of The Disney-MGM Studios. Hell, contact Cupcake and Erin Glover, West Coast Cupcake Too.

Get any of the above to simply state on the record that "At this time we have no plans to add a Guardians of the Galaxy overlay to our ToT attractions in Anaheim and Florida."

You won't. Because even though they lie, they damn well know I know where this is coming from and the time line and they can't say something in March and something different in September and act like it just came to them. Even they wouldn't do that. But go ahead ... then maybe there wouldn't be so many Angry Disney Fans on the Tweeter.

So where is Bob Weis in all of this?

olie64

I am 30-some pages behind, but I just saw this and need to respond. Here goes ...

NO, NO and absolutely NO.

The CCP positively wants and is banking on this being a big hit and will do whatever is needed to make it so (or appear so). HKDL is on relatively solid footing now, but was not a hit out of the gates, financially or creatively. And now that they have finally made it a unique and quality experience everything beyond The Iron Man Experience and Disney's Explorers Lodge is on ice until SDL is started on Phase II and making Beijing happy.

So, just ... no.

Okay, sorry I guess I am confused, are you sayin HKDL not a hit that maybe the case newer to this thread. Do you think the CCP will make sure SDL is a hit?

WDW1974

Original Poster
@WDW1974 , what do the fine folks at Marvel think of this monstrosity of synergy? I mean, professed Disney fan Kevin Fiege must surely think this is awful right? But then again, I guess Iger is owed a favor, maybe more :devilish:, after he got Kevin out of the Ike Perlmutter part of Marvel.

I don't know. This very likely doesn't surprise you, but I don't have minions inside of Marvel (unless, of course, I am lying to you to throw off suspicion!) ... What I do know is the Marvel folks in general are not overly fond of the parks in general, Disney's or Universal's. Again, not everyone. Just a general statement I've heard repeated by multiple people.

deWild

Let me get this straight. From all the mumble-jumble I've gathered in 40 pages, it sounds like Tower of Terror is being demolished or overlayed with the Guardians. You all can't be serious?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If this happens (yes, I need to qualify it still because final decision is due at end of fiscal year) then Tower will still exist. It may be the Guardian Tower. But it will exist. Largely same exterior. Same ride system. Many props staying likely ... just different pre-show and show while in the elevators. The Tower building and its look isn't going anywhere in either Anaheim or O-Town. How do you think they can do this in about 5 1/2 months?

In a half assed cardboard cutouts and plywood manner worthy of Six Flag, Scratch that that insults Six Flags quality make that a travelling carnival show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom