Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

FigmentJedi

While BTTF is a great franchise the ride was admittedly getting dated and Simpsons is really enjoyable. Plus the ride video is on pretty much every DVD/BluRay copy now for anyone nostalgic. Maybe someday it'll make a triumphant return like Kong.
Yeah, it's great Universal threw the fans of the ride a bone in that manner. You'd never see Disney put out a Star Tours DVD.

Lee

Adventurer
There is no need to be vitriolic to anyone.
Yes, there certainly is. The clueless, and hopefully so to be jobless, idiots who conceived/approved this insane concept deserve every ounce if venom that speed their way.

People that actually like the idea (if there are any that aren't just trolling)....I'm biting my tongue. But, I did use the term "moronic" earlier, and I'll stand by that.

PhotoDave219

Yes, there certainly is. The clueless, and hopefully so to be jobless, idiots who conceived/approved this insane concept deserve every ounce if venom that speed their way.

People that actually like the idea (if there are any that aren't just trolling)....I'm biting my tongue. But, I did use the term "moronic" earlier, and I'll stand by that.

I also refuse to click on "Show Ignored Content"...... I'm just assuming its Phil or something like that.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just a brief Sunday afternoon post to clarify.

First, not rumor. This is currently the plan for Anaheim and Orlando. Anaheim is where this generated from after the major E-Ticket coaster got (temporarily?) shelved due to Shanghai's issues. It has been clarified to me that this is a Bob Chapek project and comes from his desire to get Marvel product in the parks as quickly as possible.

This is not blue sky. It is in the development pipeline.

Nothing is a done deal until it happens (that means that SDL might not open, but I sorta think it will) but this is looking extremely likely in CA. and Disney wants it in Florida as well to split the costs and make it appear they are adding actual attractions like Universal and Sea World etc.

The only issue on the FL end is WDW has balked at the costs and would rather a temporary overlay and DCA needs a permanent major Marvel attraction until the now Captain America themed mega-coaster (not RnRC clone any longer) gets budgeted and slotted for build.

This project could happen in one resort alone, but it is highly unlikely. If everything stays on course, DCA's ToT will close in January and reopen by May or June. WDW's would likely follow not long after.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
When I checked into one of the Disneyland resorts for my trip last spring, first trip to DLR in decades, the CM at the front desk and I got into the "which DLR ride is better than the corresponding WDW ride" when he realized I was a WDW AP. His list included ToT, to which I thought "we shall see, buddy". And I was right - WDW ToT is vastly superior to DLR's. There's no contest. And I told the guy so the next time I saw him at the front desk, with a small degree of smugness, since he was pretty smug during the initial conversation.

So the Karma gods must have heard me..... because TWDC wants to ruin ToT at WDW just to pay me back for being smug.....

Oriolesmagic

First, not rumor. This is currently the plan for Anaheim and Orlando. Anaheim is where this generated from after the major E-Ticket coaster got (temporarily?) shelved due to Shanghai's issues. It has been clarified to me that this is a Bob Chapek project and comes from his desire to get Marvel product in the parks as quickly as possible.

Nothing is a done deal until it happens (that means that SDL might not open, but I sorta think it will) but this is looking extremely likely in CA. and Disney wants it in Florida as well to split the costs and make it appear they are adding actual attractions like Universal and Sea World etc.

The only issue on the FL end is WDW has balked at the costs and would rather a temporary overlay and DCA needs a permanent major Marvel attraction until the now Captain America themed mega-coaster (not RnRC clone any longer) gets budgeted and slotted for build.

This project could happen in one resort alone, but it is highly unlikely. If everything stays on course, DCA's ToT will close in January and reopen by May or June. WDW's would likely follow not long after.

Wouldn't a GotG retheme of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster still be cheaper, quicker and significantly better received?

LAKid53

Premium Member

I've gone from incredulity to anger to depression and now just plain sick.....

WDW1974

Original Poster
Oh, and, yes, I am sure there is plenty of dissent and BS in the Twitverse out there. That is all it is.

I certainly realize this subject is provocative, but that doesn't change the facts. The sources on this are impeccable. And, sadly, Disney doesn't really care much about leaks because it owns social media and 99% of bloggers, lifestylers, podcasters ... what it refers to clinically as 'influencers' ... I'm putting this out so you know what the plans are in advance.

I wonder how many of the other 18 pages are even talking about SDL and the other info. dropped.

mickEblu

How I wish this goes the way of the Monsters Inc. Doors coaster.... I have a sick feeling it won't though.

At DCA ....Why don't they just build a GOTG ride in the expansion pad or one of those unused buildings in the backlot? Something that would actually do the IP some justice. Redressing a ride that's already really popular isn't doing anything for the park. Lines would be longer for a few months and then people would get over it. I don't see how a drop ride lends itself to the GOTG IP anyway. Let's destroy a modern classic So we can get a tiny ten second GOTG show scene of some clip we could see at the movies and a facade that makes no sense. It's so cheap, lazy, unecessary and stupid.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Oh, and, yes, I am sure there is plenty of dissent and BS in the Twitverse out there. That is all it is.

I certainly realize this subject is provocative, but that doesn't change the facts. The sources on this are impeccable. And, sadly, Disney doesn't really care much about leaks because it owns social media and 99% of bloggers, lifestylers, podcasters ... what it refers to clinically as 'influencers' ... I'm putting this out so you know what the plans are in advance.

I wonder how many of the other 18 pages are even talking about SDL and the other info. dropped.

:banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom