Marvel Character meal at Cafe 4

Andrew Appleby

Original Poster
What a mess!

We'd booked in the UK before we went and were told to make sure we ring up at least 24 hours before to reserve a table. All seemed strange but that;'s what we had to do. We ended up staying in Royal Pacific so on checkin (over 24 hours before) we went to the desk to sort. We were then told that they couldn't get a table big enough for us (8 people) but they could book a 4 for 7.30pm!

Firstly there was never any mention of it being multiple sittings and secondly there were still 8 pre paid customers! When I queried and argued it I was told to just turn up at opening and, as I;d already bought a ticket and paid in full, I would definitely get a table.

We did just that (4.45pm as we were told a little early may help) only to be told it wouldnt happen. We showed the email we received telling us to turn up, argued for a while and eventually got seated.

In fairness the food was ok (some things much better then others) and the characters were great but the whole booking system need an overhaul and soon! Jennifer, the manager, was very argumentative to start but after seeing the email and disappearing for a few minutes she came back with a completely different attitude and sorted the issue.

All in all I think we'll save the $320 next time!

lebeau

What a mess!

We'd booked in the UK before we went and were told to make sure we ring up at least 24 hours before to reserve a table. All seemed strange but that;'s what we had to do. We ended up staying in Royal Pacific so on checkin (over 24 hours before) we went to the desk to sort. We were then told that they couldn't get a table big enough for us (8 people) but they could book a 4 for 7.30pm!

Firstly there was never any mention of it being multiple sittings and secondly there were still 8 pre paid customers! When I queried and argued it I was told to just turn up at opening and, as I;d already bought a ticket and paid in full, I would definitely get a table.

We did just that (4.45pm as we were told a little early may help) only to be told it wouldnt happen. We showed the email we received telling us to turn up, argued for a while and eventually got seated.

In fairness the food was ok (some things much better then others) and the characters were great but the whole booking system need an overhaul and soon! Jennifer, the manager, was very argumentative to start but after seeing the email and disappearing for a few minutes she came back with a completely different attitude and sorted the issue.

All in all I think we'll save the $320 next time!

Sorry to hear that. I have heard similar reports unfortunately. If this is going to stick around, they really need to make more of an effort. It feels like someone realized there was money to be made off of Marvel and they just slapped this together in an existing location. There's really no excuse for a slipshod product at the price they are charging.

Andrew Appleby

Original Poster
Sorry to hear that. I have heard similar reports unfortunately. If this is going to stick around, they really need to make more of an effort. It feels like someone realized there was money to be made off of Marvel and they just slapped this together in an existing location. There's really no excuse for a slipshod product at the price they are charging.

I'm kinda glad to hear it wasn't just us but you're right, for the prices people are paying they really need to sort it out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom