The Art of Disney
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney PhotoPass
Disney’s Candy Cauldron
Disney’s Day of Christmas
Disney’s Pin Trader
Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories
Goofy’s Candy Company
The Lego Store (has plenty of Disney IP)
D-Tech on Demand
Disney Centerpiece
Disney Tag
Twenty Eight & Main
Wonderground Gallery
Mickey’s Pantry
Once Upon a Toy (has plenty of Disney IP)
Star Wars Galactic Outpost
Star Wars Trading Post
Star Wars Secrets of the Empire (VR experience)
Trend-D
Uniqlo (has plenty of Disney IP)
World of Disney (largest Disney shop)
Amorette’s Patisserie (has Disney inspired food)
B.B. Wolf (it’s the name)
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar (S.E.A. and Indy references)
Seasonal
Stitch Scavenger Hunt
Disney–themed Christmas tree trail​

Yeah, but other then that they seems to be shying away from the Disney brand. ;)

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, November 13, 2017. Billboard posted on construction fence surrounding The Edison. Based on the building concept shown on the billboard, you can see the placement of the signage and location for 'Maria and Enzo' Italian Restaurant.

IMG_0226.JPG

Additionally, a billboard for Pizza Ponte was installed on the construction fence. Based on the bridge-like structure above the mustache, it appears this location will be "under the bridge."

IMG_0225.JPG

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

The Art of Disney
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney PhotoPass
Disney’s Candy Cauldron
Disney’s Day of Christmas
Disney’s Pin Trader
Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories
Goofy’s Candy Company
The Lego Store (has plenty of Disney IP)
D-Tech on Demand
Disney Centerpiece
Disney Tag
Twenty Eight & Main
Wonderground Gallery
Mickey’s Pantry
Once Upon a Toy (has plenty of Disney IP)
Star Wars Galactic Outpost
Star Wars Trading Post
Star Wars Secrets of the Empire (VR experience)
Trend-D
Uniqlo (has plenty of Disney IP)
World of Disney (largest Disney shop)
Amorette’s Patisserie (has Disney inspired food)
B.B. Wolf (it’s the name)
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar (S.E.A. and Indy references)
Seasonal
Stitch Scavenger Hunt
Disney–themed Christmas tree trail​
Yeah, I know - I like the Village too, because it still feels like Disney, unlike all the new construction.

Outside of the Village, you have... Disney's Candy Cauldron, which is also part of the older Downtown Disney, and B.B. Wolf, which is about as subtle as you can get. Other then that you're stretching to include Star Wars and Indy and places with "plenty of Disney IP," which can describe pretty much any store in any mall in America. Oh, and you're also padding the list by including things like D-Tech and Twenty Eight and Main as their own thing when they're all part of the Marketplace Co-Op, a single store, but they're over in the Village, so its not a big deal.

Anyway, your list pretty neatly proves my point, that the new construction - Town Center and The Landing - has almost no Disney. Certainly far less then what it replaced (remember the giant neon Jessica?). And I'll wager you a shiny nickle we see the Village start to lose some of the explicitly Disney branding over the next several years - isn't it due for a makeover to bring it in line with the boring Landing and Town Center?

Mouse Detective

The Adventuers Club always kept me entertained until closing, every time I went there. It was the same for everyone I knew, dentists, teachers, mechanics, it didn’t matter the level of education or age. I don’t understand why that venue disappeared. If it was not profitable enough, I don’t understand why Disney didn’t work at making it or a reiteration of it profitable. I know I’m not alone. That said, has anyone found anything in the new WDW, or anywhere in Orlando for that matter, that creates something similar to the Adventurer Club. Better yet, any hopes it will re-emerge?
Some Adventurers Club characters were recently spotted along the half marathon route:
http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2017/11/pi-update-remembering-our-pi-past.html

Casper Gutman

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wowwww... a swing and a miss.

As much as liked the Edison's look and menu, I dislike this.

The food is way too expensive. I had to laugh at the 3/3 meat and cheese platter which is $18 per person (minimum of two). It's also a bit too limited and too full of the Italian salty/savory/vinegary type of foods for my taste (though, my friend would love it). It should have had more choices.

Then the decor.... At first blush the big open room looks impressive. Then the blandness of the neutral colors (the taupe and washed out lime green and the muted silver) start to be dispiriting. The orange splash as a contrasting pop works well in the mural along the ceiling. But they fail to bring that color and the other colors of the mural into the upholstery or carpeting. The electric orange, the blues and purples, the speckled green and mustard... those are appalling.

And then that wing without carpeting... hideous with the taupe, washed out lime, citron and washed out robins egg upholstery, the speckled floor. I would become physically ill if I ate in that room. And how do you not carpet that tiny space? It's going to be a din of noise. In fact the whole place is going to be noisy.

For a restaurant at that price point, how do you without shame provide chairs without a cushioned back? And is the lack of table cloths for show, or will there be none for dinner? And how did any interior decorator think that that globe was the right size for that room?

Half a star.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Oh wait, I have more shade to throw...

The servers' uniform. The white shirt makes them look like they're all chefs... which I suppose they're not. Or are they the bussing staff???

The striped shirt is tragic. Just tragic.

And what happened to the aviator's theme? Putting the names of cities in a mural and on posters and that too-small globe is supposed to distract us that the story of the building, a former airport, is completely missing?

Argh. It just hurts my brain.

Cake

I’m not one to say negative things about a restaurant because 1) I haven’t worked in a restaurant since I was in college; 2) the restaurant industry is tough..they all work very hard, but I have to agree with MisterPenguin’s assessment. I was surprised at the blandness of it all. Maybe it will look better in person.

Menu is nothing special. Maybe the chef is doing something extraordinary.

Even so, I’m sure I will go...at least once. And I hope my opinion is proven wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom