March Weather

TinkerChelli

Original Poster
Has anyone been to the world during mid March. I've been so many times to Disney and can not remember, what the weather is like during that time of year. My Dad says rainy and a bit cooler than normal. My parents live nearby Disney. I thought April June July and August were the rainy seasons... :)
Thanks for any input. :wave:

TinkerChelli

Original Poster
Thanks everyone I appreciate it. I am starting to get a bit anxious now with the weather here and down there, being so cold :(
I hope it warms up soon both areas....thx again :wave:

BigRedDad

Its too hard to tell at the moment, especially that far out. Weather has been far colder than normal lately. There is no way to tell if it will finally break. Expect temps in the 60s and 70s during the day and 50s at night. Rain will be dependent on what comes off the Gulf primarily. Wait 15 minutes and it will change.

Mikester71

We have been to WDW 3 times now, and all in the middle of March (last trip was last March). I usually keep a little journal of the weather and what we do each day of the trip and looking back through it, the weather was usually warm (70's - 80's with maybe one day of 60's) and very little rain. I think one trip we had a bad rainstorm, but it hit at night and lasted most of the night before dissipating before dawn. LOVE going in March!!!! Have fun everyone going here soon! :sohappy:

kamrinjacobs

Hey, I'm going during that same time frame. March is actually a great time to go to Disney weather wise. It has some of the lowest precipitation rates in Orlando, Florida. I can't predict the weather, but the low amount of rainfall makes it easy for me to say you probably won't encounter many thunderstorms. If there are any thunderstorms they usually happen in the late afternoon and only go on for a a little while so you have nothing to worry about. If your really concerned with rainfall ruining your vacation then stop by the dollar store before you leave home and pick up rain ponchos for each member of your family. They will be cheaper back home (they go for 8 dollars each in Disney World) and this way you can still walk around while it's raining.

Hey, fellow New Jersian! We just decided to go down in March, also! Thanks for the thread--I was wondering the same thing! Enjoy your trip :wave:

TinkerChelli

Original Poster
Hey thx friends....I got poncho's in october our last trip. We are prepared we will take them with us, sometimes I use it on the water rides hehe. One time on Splash Mountain a couple years back I think I was in the 2nd row thinking I was safe, well suprise suprise on me. First I got hit with a downpour fromt he log coming down and hitting our car of course I was right there and was drenched and then going down the long one down I got hit again and my mouth was open which I shut quickly hehe.
Thx again I really hope its nice and if it's not nice weather seriously WE ARE IN DISNEY YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doing my dance right now!!!!!!!!!! YEA :sohappy::ROFLOL:

kverdon

This year I'd say be prepared for anything! We had some friends there 2 weeks ago and we leave for Orlando next Friday. I've been watching the weather in Orlando and Today at 8am PST (11am EST) it was 43 degrees F in Portland, OR and 46 degrees F in Orlando! :cool: When our friends were there it was also in the 40's and they were miserable. Rain and a breeze when the temps are in the 40s are not quite as nice a rain and a breeze when the temps are in the 80's. We are planning on taking layers as the temps have been ranging from the 40's to the 60's. I've yet to see it break 70. We go from there to the Carribean so we will definately be packing MANY different layers :)

Kevin and Mona

mrksem454

Well, The afternoons should be just about perfect around 72 degrees. The nights, however, are typically cool that time of year. You should definitely be able to wear shorts during the afternoon, but bring some pants/long-sleeve t-shirts to go out at night for march.

sindwocbeery

The weather is delightful; it is not too cold and also much below the three digit threat of summers. It is nice and sunny, perfect to spend time outdoors as well as indoors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom