March or April? Which time is better

koppc

Does anyone know which weeks in March or April are the least crowded? I'm looking to go for 2 weeks and would like to skip the spring breakers from college and the spring vacation from schools. Also, is there a website that tracks these statistics? Thanks a lot.

WDW-Imagineer

Here are the stats from Birnbaum's WDW 2001:

Average High Average Low Average Rainfall

March: 78° / 55° / 3.2
April: 83° / 59° / 1.8

Average Attendance: End of February through 2nd week of March
Most Crowded: 3rd week of March through 3rd week of April.

Personally, I would go during March.

Upvote 0

Coronado

Hey! March and April ARE Spring Break....There are always kids from some school that has early break, late break, or take a break.....It's us locals that you need to worry about...Most Florida Spring Breaks are March 23 to 31.......and don't try the week before..... that's Bike Week at Daytona Beach! What ever time you pick.....relax, enjoy, stop to look around, take lots of pictures and be sure to bring a pair of two way radios.....10-4......

Upvote 0

Scooter

I would go at the end of April.
That's when EPCOTS Flower and Garden Festival is going on. They have lots of Disney Topiarys there and tons of beautiful flowers on display....if you like that sort of thing.

I think it starts around the 20th of April and goes until the Middle of May.

Personally though...I think ANYTIME is a good time to to go to Disney World!! :D

Upvote 0

koppc

Original Poster
Thanks for the info

Thanks for all the info. I think we are going to watch out for the Floridians and go the last week of Feb through the first week in March. We have something big at work in mid March now anyway so this should work out good. WDW-Imagineer, since you work at Disney (hopefully) I'm sure you have lots of great tips. Feel free to give some insight on what to do when and on which days. We are planning on getting the 7 day hopper, visit Busch Gardens one day, Islands of Adventure another, and fill up the rest of the days with the beach. Thanks everyone.

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Re: Thanks for the info

Originally posted by koppc
Thanks for all the info. I think we are going to watch out for the Floridians and go the last week of Feb through the first week in March. We have something big at work in mid March now anyway so this should work out good. WDW-Imagineer, since you work at Disney (hopefully) I'm sure you have lots of great tips. Feel free to give some insight on what to do when and on which days. We are planning on getting the 7 day hopper, visit Busch Gardens one day, Islands of Adventure another, and fill up the rest of the days with the beach. Thanks everyone.

LOL!! I wish I worked at Disney, but unfortunately I don't.... that's alright though, I'll take it as a compliment! :D There are a few cast members (and plain ol' Disney buffs like myself) on the boards which I am sure can help you with any question and provide you with plenty of tips. Good luck with your planning!!

Upvote 0

Coronado

Be sure to enjoy the beaches on America's Other West Coast...Clearwater (my home town) Florida....And yes the water is sparkling clear! Try Honeymoon Island...Even if you are not on one (honeymoon that is)...:lol:

Upvote 0

Chris

I know that it will be crowded the last week of March but that's when we are going back. Spring break ending in Easter Sunday. WOW! Lots of spring breakers will be there I am sure but I already took the kids out of school for a week in November to go to WDW. It is either hit it during spring break of summer vacation and I would rather deal with the crowds when it is cooler than the crowds in the heat!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom