Mapping camera bike at Epcot?

Furiated

Original Poster
I was at Epcot prior to park open on Oct 19th for the Segway tour. Just inside the turnstiles, as we were heading to the tour, we noticed a camera bike driving in and around the entrance area between the turnstiles and Spaceship Earth. I didn't have a chance to snap a pic, but if you do a Google Image Search for Google Maps Bike, that's what it looked it.

I was just curious if anyone knew what this might be used for.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's probably going to be added to the Google maps street view. They did this at Universal Orlando a while back and the street views are currently available in Google maps.

Figment1986

Nice to see Disney let them ride through the parks, all of the SeaWorld Entertainment Parks and Universal Parks are all already on street view...

acishere

For my benefit I'd like them to go all out and do a street view of all the resort walking paths as well as the parks. So I have more fuel to add to the procrastination fire.

BenS

So soon we'll be able to do a street view-like virtual tour of the parks? Wow! That's both exciting and terrifying. (so much time will be wasted)

nemofinder22

Disneyland Paris has been available for a while(it could use an update, pictures taken during their 15th). Its great to see this expanded I can't wait to see!

muteki

This is really great, I didn't realize that other parks had this until reading this thread and just spent far too much time wandering around Universal. It is wierd that they didn't wait until the FLE was finished, as now the great wall of fantasyland will be preserved indefinitely in google servers unless they do another ride through later.

enchanted_belle

Excellent! I was looking for something new to distract me from my mundane work days... off to go wander through whatever street views I can find! :lookaroun :lol:

KevinYee

This is for an upcoming pavilion in World Showcase to be called "Wonders of Life". They will have an exercise cycle you can pedal yourself, and you'll see a little video screen showing a point-of-view of your vehicle moving through the theme park as you do it!

That was my first thought, anyway :)

StageFrenzy

This is for an upcoming pavilion in World Showcase to be called "Wonders of Life". They will have an exercise cycle you can pedal yourself, and you'll see a little video screen showing a point-of-view of your vehicle moving through the theme park as you do it!

I remember those, i don't think i ever pedaled that long. Was there a part where someone jumped out of your way?

RedFurredCadet

Don't you mean the Wonder Cycles in the long gone pavilion in Future World? I thought Wonders of Life was from 1989 to 2007. :confused: I can't tell if it's a possible return :)D) or just a blue sky rumor (O.O) with a hypothesis like this. Just a heads up.

Speaking of heads up, if this were possible (WHAT?!) then I guess the footage would definitely feel like, yup, you're on a bike. But I think they're gathering the footage from either that, or just to map the park environment for research purposes.

Of course, on the subject... two words: Google Earth.

RedFurredCadet

I was being tongue in cheek! I was referring to the Wonder Cycles, but they'd never bring those back.

*phew* Well, at least that helps explain a few points. Clever way to describe the mapping bike scenario! :ROFLOL: Though sadly the last part of the sentence is sadly true.

Of course, the streetview opportunity to wander through the parks sounds like an interesting idea...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom