Many doubts about going in and out of Orlando - please HELP

Maria

My brother and sister in law are planning a trip to Orlando from the 26th of December to the 2nd of January.
They are going with another couple who already have their tickets and hotel booked to fly to Miami and then drive to Orlando and do the same to come back home.
My brother and SIL couldn´t get on the same plane as their friends, so they are looking at other options, one of them is flying Cancun-Fort Lauderdale- Cancun with Spirit Airlines.
Now the questions:

1.- How good is Spirit Airlines?

2.- Is there a way to come back from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale without driving themselves?
Their plane to Cancun leaves at around noon from Ft.Lauderdale on the 2nd., so if they drive, they would have to leave Orlando very very early. They would prefer going by bus or maybe flying to Ft.Lauderdale but they may not catch their flight then.

Any information will be greatly appreciated as they have to confirm with the travel agency tomorrow morning so they can catch two spaces on that plane, which seems to be the only thing available now.

PixiePower

I have flown Spirit many times from FL to NJ. I have never experianced any problems. It is the airline of choice for my friends and family when they come to FL. No frills but safe and normally on time.

Hope this helps some!

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Hi Maria, we've flown Spirit for 3 of the last 4 trips and have not experienced any problems. We're even booked for next February! These were all non-stop from Detroit to MCO. Many years ago when Spirit was just getting started we had a few minor problems. This had more to do with the Detroit airport situation than problems with Spirit itself. With the recent expansion of the airport here those are no longer an issue. Like PixiePower said, nothing fancy but it gets you there. :wave:

Upvote 0

s25843

Maria said:
2.- Is there a way to come back from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale without driving themselves?
Their plane to Cancun leaves at around noon from Ft.Lauderdale on the 2nd., so if they drive, they would have to leave Orlando very very early. They would prefer going by bus or maybe flying to Ft.Lauderdale but they may not catch their flight then.

I do the MCO-FLL hops alot. The flights are run by Delta Connection and can be booked through www.delta.com

The flights are on average 30-60 minutes, and are very easy. I have paid anywhere from $70-130 round trip..

I usually do the evening flights out of Orlando, but a few months ago I had to take a morning flight, which left Orlando at 8:30am-ish and arrived into FLL at around 9:15am...

Upvote 0

Maria

Original Poster
s25843 said:
I do the MCO-FLL hops alot. The flights are run by Delta Connection and can be booked through www.delta.com

The flights are on average 30-60 minutes, and are very easy. I have paid anywhere from $70-130 round trip..

I usually do the evening flights out of Orlando, but a few months ago I had to take a morning flight, which left Orlando at 8:30am-ish and arrived into FLL at around 9:15am...
Thank you all and thanks for the tip about the evening and morning flights from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale!
I´m going to tell them!

Any other ways? bus schedule?
Thanks again! :)

Upvote 0

s25843

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom