Manual flush toilets at Disney World Parks

Dreaming of Disney World

Original Poster
My 3.5 year old is terrified of automatic flush toilets. Covering the sensor doesn't help, she is still too afraid to sit on them. Are there any manual flush toilets still in the parks, or will we have to bring her travel potty with us? Thanks!

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
My 3.5 year old is terrified of automatic flush toilets. Covering the sensor doesn't help, she is still too afraid to sit on them. Are there any manual flush toilets still in the parks, or will we have to bring her travel potty with us? Thanks!
Also I had a fear of automatic toilets until I was in middle school! I remember walking around the Geauga Lake (now closed :( ) and always went to the one bathroom in the park that didn't have automatic toilets haha.

daisyduckie

None that I can think of. Instead of bringing her travel potty (because I'm not sure where else but the bathroom you should use it anyway) how about some noise cancelling headphones? Or you could try and use the companion bathrooms, but you may have to wait your turn at those. Many parents bring sticky notes to cover the sensor and flush it down when their child is done.

If the baby centers have them, that is a good option. But there is only one center per park. So it may not be where you need it to be when your little one has to go.

Dreaming of Disney World

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. We'll probably use the baby care centers when near there and will bring her travel potty. (She's not afraid of the noise but of the toilet flushing while she's still getting off it. She doesn't trust something covering the sensor. She wants nothing to do with these toilets.)

kimberlymautz

Bring post it notes! My daughter is also afraid of them so we bring post it notes with us and put them on the sensor so that it won't go off prematurely and then she remove it when she's done. Much easier then needing to trek all the way to the baby care station every time she has to go. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom