mansions or bayou?

faithful

At Port Orleans Riverside(Dixielandings) which style or room is preferred...the mansions or alligator bayous? I have never been to this resort and am being asked to comment by a neighbor.:confused:

markymark

My own personal favourite is the Mansion Houses (mind you I have only ever stayed there!) We are going back this year and I have requested Magnolia Bend again. I know that whichever they get they will be happy. It is a great resort, with lovely grounds and a great pool area.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

We've stayed in both parts, we're a little partial to Aligator Bayou. I guess we like the theming a little more. Magnolia Bend is real nice too. Just ask for a room that's close to the main building or Ol' Man Island (main pool) otherwise you can do a lot of walking before you even reach a theme park.

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

How many people do you have?? I usually go with five (including me) so we have to get Alligator Bayou... We stayed in the mansions the first time and I thought it was nice. If I went back with fewer people (four or less), I would choose the mansions.

Upvote 0

markymark

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
How many people do you have?? I usually go with five (including me) so we have to get Alligator Bayou... We stayed in the mansions the first time and I thought it was nice. If I went back with fewer people (four or less), I would choose the mansions.

Are the rooms bigger in AB? or is it just that that's were they put bigger groups?

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by markymark

Are the rooms bigger in AB? or is it just that that's were they put bigger groups?

Sorry, I forgot to tell you why... under the first bed by the door, some rooms have a small bed that is pulled out, creating a 5th sleeping spot.

Upvote 0
My wife and I have stayed in DL for the last three trips. I am partial to the Bayou look but my wife prefers the mansions. Be forewarned that if anyone has some allergies the mansions might be best. There are a lot of trees and plants in the bayou. This is one reason that my wife likes the mansions better.

Room size is identical between the two but there are differences in decoration in the room. If you can get one of the buildings close to the main building you're in great shape. The one downside to the bayou that I see is that there are a ton of paths out there. We never did find a short route to the nearest bus depot.

Does anyone know if they have improved the bus transportation? My parents stayed there in June and it was awful getting from MK back to the hotel. Even the All-stars had finished transporting people and they still had a 30 minute wait.

All things considered, Karen and I will stay at DL again at some point but we are trying the WL this year. 15 weeks 2 days to go!

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

We have only stayed on the Alligator side as there are five of us, we found the room size fine we where in block 16, there was a small pool right next to the block and also a laundry room. The walk to the main building and the pool area took @ 3 minutes. The whole resort is beautiful so I wouldn't worry where ever you are put you'll have a great time.

Upvote 0

Tink

We stayed in the Alligator Bayou last month. I liked it better than the Mansions - I just think it is cuter. I mean, you can get a mansion style room elsewhere but where else can you go and have Brer Rabbit on your shower curtain? We were in the farthest building from everything (#24) but it was fine. We rented a convertible during our trip so we took every opportunity to tool around in it and would drive to the main parking for breakfast. There is a nice pool right behind the building too.

We had requested to be in #14 (the closest Alligator Bayou building) but we actually were happier being farther away. It was nice and quiet and there was always plenty of close parking in the shade.:cool:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom