Man arrested after breaking into Disneyland amid temporary closure, police say

Darkbeer1

Most homeless/vagrants have serious Mental Health and/or Drug/Alcohol issues, and better served in a controlled setting, with proper food and hygiene, than living on the streets.

Do they need a full blown jail?

But they do need somewhere with a locked door and no access to alcohol and illegal drugs.

Practical Pig

Most homeless/vagrants have serious Mental Health and/or Drug/Alcohol issues, and better served in a controlled setting, with proper food and hygiene, than living on the streets.

But they do need somewhere with a locked door and no access to alcohol and illegal drugs.

I don't disagree that many, but not all, of our homeless are challenged by personal addiction/mental health issues, but this isn't the time for wishing that a non-violent trespasser, who could be a carrier, who didn't (or maybe didn't have the chance to) commit any other crime be locked up in a densely-packed Petri dish ... for all of our good.

G00fyDad

We have surveillance photos of the man entering the park....

ending.jpg

cmwade77

Actually, I know there are quite a few homeless that don't have mental health or drug/alcohol issues in our area that are actually quite beloved by our community because they go around the streets cleaning things up, if they are given food, they share it with others and just genuinely try to make the neighborhood a better place. Some of them even have a decent amount of money, they just prefer not having a roof over their heads for whatever reasons and in fact many of them have standing invitations from people in the general vicinity of where they hang out that if they ever do need somewhere for a few nights, they can stay there. They don't generally take them up on it though. Not my idea of a fun lifestyle, but I say to each their own. The point is they are mentally stable, just make different choices than what most of us would.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom