Man arrested after breaking into Disneyland amid temporary closure, police say

Phroobar

Was it Hobo Joe?

hbzmydx3szn21.jpg

TP2000

It was one of the many hobos that have set up camp in the empty Anaheim Resort District now. He was probably looking for equipment to steal and resell. And he obviously is not a smart person to begin with, so I'm surprised that more hobos haven't been arrested doing this in the last month.

But cited and released??? That would seem to just welcome Disney bloggers to begin doing this for the clicks instead of the stolen tools.

Darkbeer1

It was one of the many hobos that have set up camp in the empty Anaheim Resort District now. He was probably looking for equipment to steal and resell. And he obviously is not a smart person to begin with, so I'm surprised that more hobos haven't been arrested doing this in the last month.

But cited and released??? That would seem to just welcome Disney bloggers to begin doing this for the clicks instead of the stolen tools.

He was caught fairly quickly, thanks to cameras, motion detectors and live security CM's.

If you want to commit minor crimes, much better places to do this than Disney.

Many folks have tried to walk on property, say parking lots and other areas not totally fenced off. They quickly get a DLR SUV Drive up and a couple of nice CM's in Security Uniforms starting to talk and take photo/video, requesting them to please return to the public sidewalk. And if they come across them again, the talk won't be so friendly.

Climb a fence, be prepared to meet some of Anaheim's Finest.

Practical Pig

Catch and release for non-violent homeless crime has been the norm around these parts for years due to jail overcrowding. I don't know what that situation is like in Anaheim.

I get what you're saying, but in the current Covid times, not putting a non-violent street person of unknown health status into a densely organized jail is probably a responsible decision. :)

TP2000

Catch and release for non-violent homeless crime has been the norm around these parts for years due to jail overcrowding. I don't know what that situation is like in Anaheim.

I get what you're saying, but in the current Covid times, not putting a non-violent street person of unknown health status into a densely organized jail is probably a responsible decision. :)

True. And to be honest, even in non-Covid times I doubt Disneyland would do more than have the Anaheim PD issue a trespassing ticket to the kid. It's just not worth the hassle probably.

Darkbeer1

Too bad they didn't get there later, when the trespasser had at least $1,000 worth of stuff in his/her possession. That would be felony theft, and then, based on the person's past criminal history, might have earned themselves a bed and a meal.

Practical Pig

Too bad they didn't get there later, when the trespasser had at least $1,000 worth of stuff in his/her possession. That would be felony theft, and then, based on the person's past criminal history, might have earned themselves a bed and a meal.

And possibly contributed to making the crisis worse. Some federal prisoners like Michael Cohen are being released into home custody to protect them from the heightened infection probability in our overcrowded incarceration facilities . Adding another non-violent wild card into that densely-packed Petri dish is worse than the possible, thwarted intentions of a marginalized homeless person.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom