Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

flynnibus

Premium Member
I wonder if the CPA is the fence, and he finds young CMs to steal stuff for him to sell...

This is beginning to stink of something much bigger than just Spikes.

Possibly... check in with justintheharris... he's already got all the dirt on him :)

But.. I think we would see a different reference and posture from the police if they really suspected that. It's all possible.. but I doubt he's the mastermind.

Gringrinngghost

I wonder if the CPA is the fence, and he finds young CMs to steal stuff for him to sell...

This is beginning to stink of something much bigger than just Spikes.

It’ll be hard though to figure it out. They’ll need to have probable cause to comb though other discussions to determine if the CPA is the presumed gatekeeper. Even with that, nobody has really been as brazen as Patrick Spikes, whom as I said before would do anything to make himself look good, even before we had reasonable doubt about his character. This might just be an isolated case, it might not be. Outside of the Spikes cases, there really isn’t any fire, just smoke.

The detectives would need reasonable doubt to even look beyond the Spikes case, that saying if it’s to a larger ring.

Sir_Cliff

And I said it before but I'll say it again: I don't believe Finley either. Finley totally knew this was all stolen. He's sitting Patrick under the bus in hopes to save himself. It might work and that frustrates me.
I also find it hard to believe that he didn't know this stuff was stolen. I mean, how could it not be? Still, are you really upset about Spikes being thrown under the bus for stealing and selling it?

flynnibus

Premium Member
It’ll be hard though to figure it out. They’ll need to have probable cause to comb though other discussions to determine if the CPA is the presumed gatekeeper. Even with that, nobody has really been as brazen as Patrick Spikes, whom as I said before would do anything to make himself look good, even before we had reasonable doubt about his character. This might just be an isolated case, it might not be. Outside of the Spikes cases, there really isn’t any fire, just smoke.

The detectives would need reasonable doubt to even look beyond the Spikes case, that saying if it’s to a larger ring.

Dunno.. there are many roads possible that could lead the police to more dirt...

- They will already have access to Spike's financial records which could turn up other transactions.. including things Brett possibly hasn't acknowledged. If so, then they will have more cause to investigate him more.

- Someone can flip... including Spikes. Whose to say he doesn't know others doing the same thing with mr. finley? If so, the prosecution will have more bartering power to give up on spikes to chase the bigger fish.

- You also now have big public figures involved, that would love to paint themselves as the victim and not the only one.. so if they have other leads of who might be socializing and discussing these buys with mr finley... you can bet those high profile people would be eager to name names to take the focus off them as the top of the pyramid.

Once they have their foot in the door with real evidence of crimes involving someone, the doors open quickly to expose more links and associates. Especially when the people are sloppy.

Clearly before the interview the police had knowledge, but not the concrete evidence in hand... but once they got the phone and more physical evidence... the doors swing open for more searches.

They've been slow to prosecute because it looks like they are still aiming bigger...

ImperfectPixie

But he wasn't buying through auction sites. He was meeting in strip mall parking lots. That doesn't seem on the up and up.

Sure it's possible that he thought spikes was a legit dealer... but he was also storing bought props hours away in a separate location. That's fishy.
I live in a pretty nice area, but if I purchase/sell something on Craigslist or eBay that needs to be picked up, I always meet at a public place. (However, I've never bought Disney collectibles, lol.)

justintheharris

I also find it hard to believe that he didn't know this stuff was stolen. I mean, how could it not be? Still, are you really upset about Spikes being thrown under the bus for stealing and selling it?
Well it’s more that a guy who’s equally guilty may get away with it because he’s now turning on his partner in crime.

tribbleorlfl

GhostlyGoofy

I live in a pretty nice area, but if I purchase/sell something on Craigslist or eBay that needs to be picked up, I always meet at a public place. (However, I've never bought Disney collectibles, lol.)
It's fishy, but who knows? He may have thought it was honest. He seemed to be pretty cooperative in handing stuff back over.

This is going to be a weird, long trial.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Holy crap! He and his brother were the guys I was in line behind at Kali River Rapids August for last year! Being 6’9” myself, I don’t see many people taller than me, much less two right in front of me in a line. I don’t watch much NBA, so didn’t piece it together who they were til now (wrongly assumed they were probably on some college tournament at ESPN or something at they time). Randomly, I found where they were in the background of a couple of photos I took in the queue, here they are on the left, haha
BBCC75D8-2B9F-4979-BB46-AE6F61F32FDA.png

Mac Tonight

Holy crap! He and his brother were the guys I was in line behind at Kali River Rapids August for last year! Being 6’9” myself, I don’t see many people taller than me, much less two right in front of me in a line. I don’t watch much NBA, so didn’t piece it together who they were til now (wrongly assumed they were probably on some college tournament at ESPN or something at they time). Randomly, I found where they were in the background of a couple of photos I took in the queue, here they are on the left, haha
View attachment 421161
Wow! Totally met Robin at D23! Super nice guy. Sucks he got unknowingly involved :/

justintheharris

Dunno.. there are many roads possible that could lead the police to more dirt...

- They will already have access to Spike's financial records which could turn up other transactions.. including things Brett possibly hasn't acknowledged. If so, then they will have more cause to investigate him more.

- Someone can flip... including Spikes. Whose to say he doesn't know others doing the same thing with mr. finley? If so, the prosecution will have more bartering power to give up on spikes to chase the bigger fish.

- You also now have big public figures involved, that would love to paint themselves as the victim and not the only one.. so if they have other leads of who might be socializing and discussing these buys with mr finley... you can bet those high profile people would be eager to name names to take the focus off them as the top of the pyramid.

Once they have their foot in the door with real evidence of crimes involving someone, the doors open quickly to expose more links and associates. Especially when the people are sloppy.

Clearly before the interview the police had knowledge, but not the concrete evidence in hand... but once they got the phone and more physical evidence... the doors swing open for more searches.

They've been slow to prosecute because it looks like they are still aiming bigger...
This is exactly what I mean. Finley has said all the right things so far but somewhere is evidence of collusion. And I'd bet money on it. It's just a matter of how investigators will discover it.

Piebald

View attachment 421161
They are big Disney nerds. Wouldnt be surprised if they're on this forum or something to that extent. Constantly traveling to the parks around the world. Even wore black suits when Ellen's Energy Adventure closed (RIP)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom