Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

Tom Morrow

No Orlando Rising published an email on 5/20 at their website between them and law enforcement asking about Buzzy's whereabouts.
This is their post from 5/20: https://orlando-rising.com/orange-county-sheriffs-office-disney-world-animatronic-buzzy-is-stolen/

The article quotes OCSO, but does not provide visual proof or documentation. As of their 7/1 post I have no reason not to believe them, but this is why I didn't take the 5/20 post as definitive proof.

GhostlyGoofy

This is their post from 5/20: https://orlando-rising.com/orange-county-sheriffs-office-disney-world-animatronic-buzzy-is-stolen/

The article quotes OCSO, but does not provide visual proof or documentation. As of their 7/1 post I have no reason not to believe them, but this is why I didn't take the 5/20 post as definitive proof.

Youre right. I knew I saw an email before. Checked orlando risings posts here. Page 45 comment 887 of this very thread, a Screenshot of their first Email.

GhostlyGoofy

This story really does bring out the ugliness in people.

As well, this story doesn't even have any real interest to me and yet I find myself in the unenviable position of bantering with Orange County's lamest at 3am. Ehhh.

Beyond my pay grade ladies.

Speaking of which Epcot has a new bbq in the works. I know that eating pork would be considered cannibalism to some of you but I'm sure they have a nice brisket or salad planned.;)

Now remember, gang. If you get stressed out, just call on your general knowledge, balance your body crew, and get your cranium under command. Use your head, don't lose your head.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Okay, so if I have it straight, on 7/1, Orlando Rising tweeted and actual communication with OCSO. Prior to this we only could take their word for it on what OCSO said.

Edit: I remember seeing the 5/20 post on their website now.

No, the post I linked was OrlandoRising coming here to backup his article and clarify the sources behind the article back in May. The 7/1 activity was a SECOND inquiry after Hoot's tweet which was in theory 'new info'. OrlandoRising made a second inquiry which, again, confirmed even more clearly, the POV stated in May.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Except they did post more here. Instead of digging in so hard... why don't you try the search function and just look at OrlandoRising's posts here? Search -> This Thread -> By User.

You are out of date.. do the simple search and get caught up instead of defending a ever shrinking island.

Tom Morrow

Except they did post more here. Instead of digging in so hard... why don't you try the search function and just look at OrlandoRising's posts here? Search -> This Thread -> By User.

You are out of date.. do the simple search and get caught up instead of defending a ever shrinking island.
Okay, I found the screenshot of the email now. It was posted on 6/17, not with the original post on 5/20:

There's a lot of noise in this thread so I must have missed that.

Tom Morrow

Well Hoot being slapped down should buy us a week -- two weeks, tops -- until someone else loudly claims to have inside knowledge that contradicts what the police are saying, but angrily refuses to provide any evidence to back it up.
It’s still possible that Hoot’s “sources” saw a reproduction of Buzzy.

Tom Morrow

Hoot explicitly stated that what he claims he saw was not a reproduction, but those tweets have since been deleted.

Perhaps the reasonable explanation here is that Hoot didn't see a damn thing?
He never claimed to have seen it himself.
You probably shouldn’t expect a site to provide screenshots of emails before you decide to believe them.
Why should we take what a small website very few people have heard of says as fact without visual proof? This is no different than blindly believing Hoot’s tweets without proof.

This is why I wasn’t swayed either direction on the issue until seeing the proof posted 6/17 and 7/1.

No offense to OrlandoRising guy. He obviously did provide proof later on.

Last edited:

briangaw

I don't know anything and this is all just pure speculation. But just figuring truth is usually in between all of the stories, I do wonder if another possible explanation is that Disney did in fact remove Buzzy and had him in the shops for whatever purpose and then Buzzy was swiped from there and remains missing.

glawio

So.. is there a final confirmed story of what happened ?

Buzzy's gloves, hat, headphones and coat were stolen. Afterwards, the entire animatronic including his command seat was stolen. There are police reports and statements for both these incidents. This is the only confirmation we have of any kind that is in writing.

Recently, a WDW insider claimed to have seen Buzzy in the animatronics lab, but refused to provide evidence or to further explain anything, and became very angry and started cussing at anyone who asked him about it.

That's it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom