Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

HMFan999

Having kids in school (2nd and 7th grade) and being an older parent of kids those ages, one of the things that scares the bejeezus out of me is how many parents I see who refuse to accept responsibility for anything and who think their kids can do no wrong, basically creating a generation with a large percentage of people who think they deserve the world without earning it and that they can do whatever they like regardless of who else it has an effect on.
Take a little solace in the fact that it's not a new phenomenon. It was the same way when I was in school and it's been around for a very long time. Just watch some old Dragnet or Adam 12. "My little johnny is a fine boy" "No sir, he threatened a pool party with a live hand grenade."

Smiley/OCD

Take a little solace in the fact that it's not a new phenomenon. It was the same way when I was in school and it's been around for a very long time. Just watch some old Dragnet or Adam 12. "My little johnny is a fine boy" "No sir, he threatened a pool party with a live hand grenade."
Yeah, just spend a day in the LEGIT side of the parks..."my kid world NEVER shoplift from your store...my kid would NEVER cut in line...my kid would NEVER use that F#@%*&g language"...

ImperfectPixie

It may not be new, but it seems to me (I grew up in the 70s and 80s) that there are significantly more of them, and we've also now got the "everyone is special" mentality to go along with it. And don't get me started on participation awards...

HMFan999

It may not be new, but it seems to me (I grew up in the 70s and 80s) that there are significantly more of them, and we've also now got the "everyone is special" mentality to go along with it. And don't get me started on participation awards...
It's mostly just whoever yells the loudest gets the most attention and it's the extreme sides of everything that aren't afraid to scream. But that's a conversation best left to another board...

Dragonman

There’s still no definitive evidence that he actually stole the animatronic. Just spare clothes that were lying around backstage. There’s no way just one person could steal a heavy animatronic that was still bolted in place and sitting in a big chair by themselves. At least one other person had to be involved to pull something like that off.

ImperfectPixie

There’s still no definitive evidence that he actually stole the animatronic. Just spare clothes that were lying around backstage. There’s no way just one person could steal a heavy animatronic that was still bolted in place and sitting in a big chair by themselves. At least one other person had to be involved to pull something like that off.
Yes, but we already know that he made a fake ID to sneak in his cousin, and he had a picture of his girlfriend wearing the gown from HM, so...

glawio

The clothes were not stolen from backstage, they were physically taken off the animatronic. It's the green hat, headphones and brown bomber jacket we've seen Buzzy wear since the ride opened. BDD had photos of the clothes in his car and they found the backpack used to transport the clothes in his home as it was present in the aforementioned photos.

A team absolutely had to do the theft of taking the whole AA. I still don't think it was BDD himself. Just an intuition thing...

Last edited:

Dragonman

The clothes were not stolen from backstage, they were physically taken off the animatronic. It's the green hat, headphones and brown bomber jacket we've seen Buzzy wear since the ride opened. BDD had photos of the clothes in his car and they found the backpack used to transport the clothes in his home as it was present in the aforementioned photos.

A team absolutely had to do the theft of taking the whole AA. I still don't think it was BDD himself. Just an intuition thing...

Yes but the photos and the police report contained the RED bomber jacket from the prototype look Buzzy which was changed before the ride opened and means it and possibly the hat/headphones were taken from backstage. This has already been discussed multiple times.

glawio

Yes but the photos and the police report contained the RED bomber jacket from the prototype look Buzzy which was changed before the ride opened and means it and possibly the hat/headphones were taken from backstage. This has already been discussed multiple times.

Yes, and it's been debunked several times...prototype Buzzy wears a one-piece mechanic's jumpsuit, not a bomber jacket as it is stated to be in the report. The police report mentions the green hat and headphones were taken. Prototype Buzzy's hat is blue and is currently located in Costuming.

In the one pic everyone uses of Buzzy, there is a red light being cast which leads me to believe whoever made the police report looked at that photo where his jacket is looking red.

Compare:

E091560F-5B3A-4261-A17C-B593E3E26702.jpeg

I really think this is where the "red jacket" misunderstanding comes from, as the rest of the police report mentions the items accurately. I guess it gets down to if the police reported the style of the jacket wrong or the color🤷‍♀️ cuz prototype Buzzy definitely doesn't wear a bomber jacket.

I'm distraught that nobody took pics of him after his clothes were taken so we wouldn't have to have this discussion but its probably better left to the imagination. Probably way more horrifying than I'm thinking. o_O

edit: as always, Glawio is not trying to argue, she's just trying to discuss :)

Last edited:

Dragonman

Yes, and it's been debunked several times...prototype Buzzy wears a one-piece mechanic's jumpsuit, not a bomber jacket as it is stated to be in the report. The police report mentions the green hat and headphones were taken. Prototype Buzzy's hat is blue and is currently located in Costuming.

In the one pic everyone uses of Buzzy, there is a red light being cast which leads me to believe whoever made the police report looked at that photo where his jacket is looking red.

Compare:
View attachment 380965
View attachment 380966

I really think this is where the "red jacket" misunderstanding comes from, as the rest of the police report mentions the items accurately. I guess it gets down to if the police reported the style of the jacket wrong or the color🤷‍♀️ cuz prototype Buzzy definitely doesn't wear a bomber jacket.

View attachment 380967
View attachment 380968

I'm distraught that nobody took pics of him after his clothes were taken so we wouldn't have to have this discussion but its probably better left to the imagination. Probably way more horrifying than I'm thinking. o_O

edit: as always, Glawio is not trying to argue, she's just trying to discuss :)

Thanks for the clear up. I can see how I and other people were confused about the clothing. I guess that means the animatronic isn’t totally nude and still has hair, boots and the green jumpsuit.

lazyboy97o

Even if the attraction spaces were used they would need a lot of work to bring them up to modern day standards. The ceiling in cranium command is literally collapsing.
Something like the ceilings need to be maintained regardless of whether or not the space below is actively being used. Existing spaces can typically do like-for-like updates without needing additional updates to current codes. Not using an area also does not exempt it from being updated if the scope of work triggers certain renovation requirements of the building and fire prevention codes.

DreamfinderGuy

Take it from someone who's seen pics of the AA nude, and seen the photos of the clothes in his car....

👏HIS👏PROTOTYPE👏CLOTHES👏WERE👏NOT👏WHAT👏WAS👏STOLEN👏

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom