Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

Tom Morrow

We already know that he created fake IDs, creating fake authorization papers for removing materials probably wouldn't be that much more difficult. Having worked in maintenance he probably had a pretty good idea what they should look like. Go in at night, cut him out, cover him up with some random junk and then drive out. Even if security opened the back of the van I doubt they'd dig through everything back there. Unless I'm mistaken, nothing like this has ever happened so checking for stolen AAs probably wasn't high on security's priority list.
That’s true, but I still just don’t see Spikes being able to cut Buzzy out from 10 feet in the air and carry him out. He was the size of an adult human and probably at least 200 pounds if you include the chair.

DreamfinderGuy

Wonders as a whole has been a huge place for looting as of late. Within the last year or so, pretty much anything not nailed down that was left has been lifted. I think it just caught everyone off guard when someone had the balls to go from taking small signs to an entire animatronic

DreamfinderGuy

And not that I support theft, but the fact that Disney destroyed everything remaining in Body Wars last March that wasn't marked for archives kinda gives me the thought process that at least what was stolen is most likely in a better home.

HMFan999

I hate to give people false hope, but there's a decent chance Buzzy has been recovered. It's obvious that Spikes wasn't exactly a criminal mastermind and the police have been in contact with at least some of the people he sold to. Whoever bought Buzzy sure as heck didn't chop him up for spare parts, so he'd have just been sitting in a collection somewhere, which the police would have seized if found. He may sit in an evidence locker for a few years while the case is prosecuted, but he would eventually be turned back over to Disney.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I hate to give people false hope, but there's a decent chance Buzzy has been recovered. It's obvious that Spikes wasn't exactly a criminal mastermind and the police have been in contact with at least some of the people he sold to. Whoever bought Buzzy sure as heck didn't chop him up for spare parts, so he'd have just been sitting in a collection somewhere, which the police would have seized if found. He may sit in an evidence locker for a few years while the case is prosecuted, but he would eventually be turned back over to Disney.

That's right. He's sitting right now in a police evidence locker...

GhostlyGoofy

Do you think we're going to hear an actual announcement from Orange County Sheriff or too soon for that?

HMFan999

Do you think we're going to hear an actual announcement from Orange County Sheriff or too soon for that?
Since no one has been charged in the theft it's still an open investigation. They wouldn't make any sort of statement until charges are filed. Even then, I'm not sure they would make a statement. Disney probably wants to sweep this whole affair under a rug and the Sheriff's office has no real reason to make Disney mad by making this more public than it already is. At some point in a trial he'd probably be presented as evidence, so that's probably when we would find out about it.

glawio

Just wanna see a picture of him and know he's okay...😖

Breaks my heart that we barely have decent footage of the animatronic in action because the theater was so dim and everyone focused on the screens and now he's goooneeee

VicariousCorpse

I wish whoever had gone in there and taken this video got some better shots of the platform so I could have an easier time with my armchair analysis. ;)
Here's a couple more.
D0rKqS-W0AAL98F.jpg

That’s true, but I still just don’t see Spikes being able to cut Buzzy out from 10 feet in the air and carry him out. He was the size of an adult human and probably at least 200 pounds if you include the chair.
He does have this lift directly below him.
af68ae9d-e158-487f-b0d7-2aa6506eb430-jpeg.379920

Attachments

• AF68AE9D-E158-487F-B0D7-2AA6506EB430.jpeg
    AF68AE9D-E158-487F-B0D7-2AA6506EB430.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 829

Tux

Here's a couple more.View attachment 379921
View attachment 379922

He does have this lift directly below him.
af68ae9d-e158-487f-b0d7-2aa6506eb430-jpeg.379920
Hang on a second. If you look at one of the hydraulic lines that attaches Buzzy to the axis, it looks like it's slowly deteriorating/being worn apart/has been cut. Especially if you look at the one on the top left. If you look at the pictures where Buzzy isn't there, you can see that removal has gone no further than the ripping point. Just something I noticed that I thought was neat.

glawio

I’m slowly losing hope we’ll ever get a true end to this mess of an incident or even see Buzzy again but at the same time I’m not giving up.

This whole incident could easily be turned into a drinking game with everything going on 🙄...
View attachment 380363

Yeahhh I'm going through a little drama withdrawal with the news having slowed down ...🤣
I'm sure even if it dies out, everyone will snap back to attention as soon as anything new surfaces. Would pay for someone to send me a message on here or twitter or discord or SOMETHING the second we know anything else 😳 I guess that's what following Distwitter is for

VicariousCorpse

Hang on a second. If you look at one of the hydraulic lines that attaches Buzzy to the axis, it looks like it's slowly deteriorating/being worn apart/has been cut. Especially if you look at the one on the top left. If you look at the pictures where Buzzy isn't there, you can see that removal has gone no further than the ripping point. Just something I noticed that I thought was neat.
It looks like the covering was already coming off at that point, which is why it was cut there, one less layer to go through.

Yeahhh I'm going through a little drama withdrawal with the news having slowed down ...🤣
I'm sure even if it dies out, everyone will snap back to attention as soon as anything new surfaces. Would pay for someone to send me a message on here or twitter or discord or SOMETHING the second we know anything else 😳 I guess that's what following Distwitter is for

Exactly, I'll see you for round 3 in another 6 months lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom