Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

Lensman

Look up Richard Kraft's Disneyland collection. Which he just sold for 8 million. There's a market out there for this kind of stuff. And some people will do some shady things to get a piece of it.
There are some fascinating tidbits of information in that auction:
1. Highest price paid for a Disneyland ride vehicle: $621,000 for a Skyway bucket. Makes me think about the people talking about how the ride was mech meh or about how could people possibly get that excited about the new Skyliner.
2. Highest price paid for a Disneyland attraction poster: $287,500 for an Autopia poster. Makes me think twice about how much I dislike the WDW Tomorrowland Speedway. (Yes, I know that Autopia is much better, I remember having to whine my way onto Autopia as a kid.)

Last edited:

Gringrinngghost

This is just usual defense filing to get access to all the evidence the state has against him. They are asking for specific evidence, and then blanket claims at the end basically saying they want access to everything.. so they can form their defense.

Nothing special here just the defense doing their thing...
This is as common as the American flag in every school.

GhostlyGoofy

There are some fascinating tidbits of information in that auction:
1. Highest price paid for a Disneyland ride vehicle: $621,000 for a Skyway bucket.

Brer Oswald

I kinda wish his friends would post on here to stand up for him or "Stitch" on him. ;) haha
Sure, you gotta link? ;)
Well, hopefully she still lets him to Podcasts!! haha
I said what I knew awhile back because, tbh, it wasn’t that bad or suggestive. None of his friends, besides DFG, are really on here, and I think I’m the only other person here that’s actually talked to him? I may be wrong on that one. Either way, he wisely didn’t tell me much, and I’m thankful for that cause I really don’t want to know confidential information.

GhostlyGoofy

I said what I knew awhile back because, tbh, it wasn’t that bad or suggestive. None of his friends, besides DFG, are really on here, and I think I’m the only other person here that’s actually talked to him? I may be wrong on that one. Either way, he wisely didn’t tell me much, and I’m thankful for that cause I really don’t want to know confidential information.
Just hand over Buzzy!!!

(Kidding. Kidding.)

BoarderPhreak

Am I the only one that doesn't give a flying mouse's butt about Buzzy? He's a two-bit player in pavilion that spent more time closed than open and hasn't been seen publicly in years and years. I could see people getting upset about, say, Dreamfinder or Figment. They were at least popular and well liked - even promoted on merch and stuff - and still have semi-cult status.

Or did I miss something over the decades? 🤷🏼‍♂️

VicariousCorpse

Am I the only one that doesn't give a flying mouse's butt about Buzzy? He's a two-bit player in pavilion that spent more time closed than open and hasn't been seen publicly in years and years. I could see people getting upset about, say, Dreamfinder or Figment. They were at least popular and well liked - even promoted on merch and stuff - and still have semi-cult status.

What's the point of posting in a thread about Buzzy just to tell us you don't care about him?

glawio

Tbh Buzzy himself isn't that interesting, but the fact that he was stolen. Cut right off his base.

Add to it the prime suspect is a spoiled brat who had it all, and was constantly teasing his employer online, while stealing several props... it's a juicy crime story.

I feel like an additional part of the appeal of the whole thing is that Buzzy is a particularly cute and sweet looking AA. Don't feel like there would be so many (non-Disney fandom especially) folks clamoring to find who took him and where he is if he was like...a Food Rocks AA or a Spaceship Earth AA. Mechanics-wise, yeah there's nothing interesting about him for sure.

He's a really delightful character in the preshow/show though imo, his story is him overcoming adversity during his baptism by fire and being peppy and confident throughout the whole ordeal. Being familiar with the preshow/show makes the whole thing extra sad to me because he tries so hard to succeed despite his clumsiness, and then the show closed and rotted, and he sat around for a decade as nobody seemed to care, then people started taking his clothes thennn he was stolen. Just a sad ending for him.

"glawio its just a robot its just a bunch of nuts and bolts" yeah yeah I know and I blame Toy Story

BoarderPhreak

Tbh Buzzy himself isn't that interesting, but the fact that he was stolen. Cut right off his base.

Add to it the prime suspect is a spoiled brat who had it all, and was constantly teasing his employer online, while stealing several props... it's a juicy crime story.
Of course. If Buzzy was stolen, and stolen by BDD, then let's hope he gets what he deserves!

As for Buzzy himself... Meh. Are we going to collectively go bonkers if we find out one day the Kitchen Cabaret characters were unceremoniously thrown in a dumpster? Look what they did to poor old Stitch from SGE. Or the beloved characters of the GMR. Or you know, that whole Horizons thing. Just sayin'. Before Buzzy mysteriously disappeared that fateful day... Was there a single post saying, "man, I really miss the lil' guy?"

Bairstow

There were several Dreamfinders, and dozens of Figments, but there has only ever been one Buzzy.

mugshot_lineup_by_rabidleroy_d491f19-fullview.jpg

Sir_Cliff

Of course. If Buzzy was stolen, and stolen by BDD, then let's hope he gets what he deserves!

As for Buzzy himself... Meh. Are we going to collectively go bonkers if we find out one day the Kitchen Cabaret characters were unceremoniously thrown in a dumpster? Look what they did to poor old Stitch from SGE. Or the beloved characters of the GMR. Or you know, that whole Horizons thing. Just sayin'. Before Buzzy mysteriously disappeared that fateful day... Was there a single post saying, "man, I really miss the lil' guy?"
I think @GhostlyGoofy really answered this question.

The interesting part of all this is not really Buzzy himself, but the whole intrigue around people sneaking into the attraction over the years and putting up videos online, then the figure's clothes being stolen, and finally - apparently - Buzzy himself being stolen. Throw into the mix BDD as a particularly polarising figure publicly taunting Disney all the way through the process then finally facing criminal charges, and the whole thing becomes even more intriguing. Particularly as the plot has thickened with alleged thefts from other attractions. That's also why this has made national news.

As you mention, there are no threads wondering what happened to the Kitchen Cabaret characters nor is anyone particularly fascinated by Disney destroying or archiving any of their other figures such as Stitch. I imagine if Jim Hill was suspected of sneaking in and stealing Stitch, however, there would be far greater interest!

Last edited:

GhostlyGoofy

Well right now the OCSO is confirming Buzzy has been stolen.

As for who took him, that's still up in the air. But considering what was on Spikes phone, plus charges of theft from other WDW areas. It's not looking good for him.

Poor Buzzy just wants to go home. He wants to return to Epcot and ride the Maelstrom( nobody tell him what happened to it.)

Dragonman

As you mention, there are no threads wondering what happened to the Kitchen Cabaret characters

Well we do know what happened to three of them: Mr Dairy Goods was sold with the rest of the Food Rocks characters at Mouse Surplus years ago, the Mustard bottle from the Kitchen Krackpots was on display in the Odyssey for an event at one point, and one of the Bonnie Appetites was used backstage for teaching animatronic programming and could be seen on one of the tours. So almost all of them are in storage most likely.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Easily several hundred pounds. He had a steel frame and hydraulic lines as well as bunches and bunches of wiring. Something people don't seem to take into mind either is he was taken while in his command seat. Unless they unattached him, (which I don't know if this is even possible, because I'm preeettty sure all his wiring/tubing goes up his butt) he's stuck in it, which seems pretty unwieldy and I'm sure adds some weight.

Also something I'm not sure people know, but Buzzy is huge!

View attachment 374489

He is a LOT bigger than I thought so originally. Both this and the aforementioned make the theft seem even crazier! No way this whole cutie and his seat could fit in a stroller.
Unless THAT is the reason Wagon strollers are Now Banned, LOL (i shouldnt laugh at that, theft is not funny but thinking thats how they got away with it and it being the real reason wagons are banned is funny)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom