Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

glawio

I really haven’t seen any support from fans after the arrest and no one has defended him either after lol.

I've seen a few people on Twitter saying this was a setup by Disney to get him to stop posting backstage photos. :rolleyes: This ain't it chief...

Well... this was the first public statement by either law enforcement or Disney that Buzzy was stolen. So, now we know.

What I want to know is why Disney didn't report it stolen, or, if they did, why that wasn't made public. And I know people will surmise that you don't want to tip off the thieves that you're on to them, but, with all the publicity of Buzzy missing, that ship had sailed.

I'm thinking it may be because it is a bigger deal/higher profile theft than stealing AA clothing. If Buzzy's headphones, coat and hat were ~$6000, I can't imagine how much the whole AA is worth.

LukeS7

Hmmmm, maybe I should actually make this concept now 😆

brb1006

I'm surprised he was able to post a video showing the costume/character department on Youtube (Later getting removed). Disney really don't mess around when it comes to posting images/photos like that online.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm surprised he was able to post a video showing the costume/character department on Youtube (Later getting removed). Disney really don't mess around when it comes to posting images/photos like that online.

Its the fear that is more than anything. Disney makes a few examples and pounds the message into workers. The faithful don't want to be fired or blackballed.

It just takes people that have no fear to buck it all...

flynnibus

Premium Member
According to Orange County Clerks website a document was just added today 5/20/19 Spikes' attorney, LeRoy Costner, just sent a written plea of NOT GUILTY.

Filed under 'no duh'... to plea anything else would be to roll over and take the full brunt of whatever the court wants.

He very well could plea out at a later date... but no one pleads guilty up front if you want to fight :)

GhostlyGoofy

Filed under 'no duh'... to plea anything else would be to roll over and take the full brunt of whatever the court wants.

He very well could plea out at a later date... but no one pleads guilty up front if you want to fight :)
Yes but Disney's legal coffers are scrooge mcduck deep. A prolonged trial may bankrupt the spikes.

GhostlyGoofy

Disney has no say... This is a criminal case.
Gotcha.

You seem pretty knowledgeable. Since this case seems to only pertain to the HM props, what do you think are the chances he can be charged with the other incidents? The report mentioned a buyer receiving 18 items from BDD. And would each one be an individual case?

Last edited:

goldenstate5

What I want to know is why Disney didn't report it stolen, or, if they did, why that wasn't made public. And I know people will surmise that you don't want to tip off the thieves that you're on to them, but, with all the publicity of Buzzy missing, that ship had sailed.

They don't like active investigations into stolen material from a Disney theme park to just go public unless it has to. An arrest was made, and the information thus had to go public via tangential ties. They even say this in their statement. Cat is out of the bag and that's all they are willing to say.

Also I'm uh, pretty sure it was Disney who reported it stolen.

lazyboy97o

Gotcha.

You seem pretty knowledgeable. Since this case seems to only pertain to the HM props, what do you think are the chances he can be charged with the other incidents? The report mentioned a buyer receiving 18 items from BDD. And would each one be an individual case?
Not individual cases, but each incident can have its own set of multiple charges.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom